Emerging Scholars Summer Research Internship Program
The College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CAES), University of Georgia (UGA) announces the Emerging Scholars Internship Program. This 8-week internship provides undergraduate students an opportunity to conduct research with CAES scientists and reside on the UGA Athens Campus. This program is intended for students who have an interest in research and
are planning to attend graduate school in agriculture and related sciences. This is an excellent opportunity for students to receive hands-on research experience to better prepare themselves for graduate studies. Interns will be mentored by faculty scientists from CAES and will be expected to prepare a scientific report of their research activities. Interns will receive a stipend at the end of each month and housing allowance.
Internship Dates and Location
Dates: June 5 - July 28, 2017
Location: The University of Georgia Campus
Deadline to apply: April 1, 2017
The internship is open to rising juniors majoring in an agriculture related field.
- Conduct supervised research in agricultural and environmental sciences
- Prepare a research paper summarizing the research project
- Present their research findings in a professional setting
- Have a background or interest in agriculture and environmental sciences
- Have an interest and ability to conduct and communicate scientific research
- Have a strong interest in attending graduate school
- Have a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.2 to be considered
$1500 per month at the end of each month plus a housing allowance.
Apply to Emerging Scholars Program