Purpose of the Georgia Agricultural Hall of Fame
- To recognize individuals making unusual and extraordinary contributions to agriculture and agribusiness industries in Georgia
- To receive and preserve portraits and unique documents of historical and particular interest to the agricultural industry of Georgia
- To be located in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Activity Center
- To be displayed in an attractive and conspicuous manner in order that those honored may be seen by visitors, faculty and students who pass this way
- To be available online at www.caes.uga.edu/alumni in the section marked "Georgia Agricultural Hall of Fame"
Selection of Committee
A committee of 13 is to utilize whatever method it desires to collect data and make its selection(s). Seven members will be retained from the previous year's committee with the president appointing six additional members. If seven members from the previous committee are not available for service, then the president will appoint other members to make a committee of 13. The Hall of Fame committee is directed to select no more than two persons per year. It is not mandatory that a person be honored each year.
Selection of Honorees
Persons to be honored will be selected by a committee designated by the president of the CAES Alumni Association, the University of Georgia. The recipients may be retired or active, may be male or female and may be living or deceased.
No current member of the CAES Alumni Association's executive committee (president; vice president; secretary/treasurer; and immediate past president) is eligible for nomination to the Hall of Fame.
Type of Recognition
Honorees selected shall be recognized in appropriate ceremonies on the occasion of the annual meeting of the CAES Alumni Association, the University of Georgia. The committee shall prepare an appropriate resume of the honorees' contributions for display and safekeeping.
Guidelines for Selection
This program is designed to give appropriate recognition to those who have made highly significant achievements in agriculture, agribusiness industries and service institutions. Honorees selected and recommended by the committee shall possess the following criteria:
- Have impeccable character
- Have provided truly outstanding leadership affecting Georgia agriculture
- Have made noteworthy contributions
- Have received recognition in appropriate ways for achievements
Nominations may be submitted by anyone interested in the Hall of Fame. Nominations will not be carried over from year to year.
On no more than three additional pages (12 pt. font minimum), discuss the following:
- Nominee's major contributions to Georgia agriculture, including his/her statewide impact.
- Nominee's agricultural leadership roles, honors and awards.
- Nominee's other major civic, religious, public service contributions and achievements.
The selection committee will accept no more than three letters of recommendation. Please keep letters to one page in length. Supporting documents and letters of recommendation should be uploaded as one file with this nomination form by March 31, 2017.