O.G. "Dan" Daniel
- Birth: 08/15/1920
Georgia Agricultural Hall of Fame
When Dr. Daniel became head of the UGA Extension Animal Science Department in 1958, he immediately began serving Georgia agriculture with his abilities as an innovator and organizer. He revitalized the 4-H livestock program, started the first state extension newsletter and formed the Beef Cattle Improvement Association. He built and supervised a new bull test station, organized the Georgia Cattlemen's Association Stocker-Finisher Council and helped begin cattle "tele" auctions in the state. By his 1981 retirement as Animal Science Department Head and Division Chairman, Dr. Daniel had helped build a department of more than 40 animal scientists. He was tireless in youth development efforts, serving as the official judge at steer shows in 27 states and serving as Superintendent for the Southeastern Livestock Judging Contests for 18 years. Dr. Daniel was named to the Georgia Cattlemen's Association Hall of Fame, and a scholarship named in honor of him is awarded each year to the high-scoring member of the Georgia 4-H livestock judging team.
Occupation: Animal Science Department Head, Division Chairman, UGA College of Agriculture.