Irvin M. Wofford
- Birth: 12/11/1916, White County, Georgia
- Death: 01/11/1995
Georgia Agricultural Hall of Fame
Dr. Wofford began his teaching career at the University of Florida in 1949. In 1956, he joined Southern Nitrogen, which became Kaiser Chemical, where he was industry liaison to universities, agricultural agencies and youth organizations such as FFA and 4-H. He served as president of the UGA Ag Alumni Association, the Exchange Club of Savannah, the Coastal Empire Fair Association, the Bulldog Club of Savannah and the UGA Alumni Society. He was on the board of the Georgia Agrirama in Tifton and the Georgia Plant Food Education Society and is an honorary member of the Georgia Young Farmer's Association. He was presented the Blue Key Award for outstanding service to UGA; the Book of Golden Deeds from the Savannah Exchange Club; the Distinguished Service Award from the Ag Alumni Association; and an Alumni Merit Award.
Occupation: Navy deck officer; teacher; and industry liaison for Kaiser Chemical.