The UGA Tifton Campus International Committee, on behalf of the whole campus, welcomes new international students, post docs, and visiting scientists to Tifton, Georgia, the "Friendly City."
The committee has assembled a handbook to assist in your acclimation to our location and would appreciate any comments you would like to make about your move to Tifton. Comments can be sent to any of the committee contacts.
The handbook provides a starting point for available resources including locations for shopping, dining and recreation, as well as information on apartments, transportation and medical care. Below are selected links for your convenience:
Tifton/Tift County information
- City of Tifton
- Tift County
- Tift County Restaurants
- Tift County Schools
- Tifton-Tift County Chamber of Commerce
- Tifton Tourism
- Tifton YMCA
- Affinity Clinic
- Affinity ExpressCare
- Tift County Health Department
- Tift Regional Medical Center
Selected locations listed, visit the Yellow Pages® for more apartment listings.
Selected locations listed, visit the Yellow Pages® for more church listings.
- College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Graduate School: Orientation for International Students
- International Student Life
- Multicultural Services and Programs / African American Cultural Center
- Office of International Education
- Office of International Student, Scholar and Immigration Services
- Tifton Campus
- UGA CAES Office of Global Programs
- U.S. Department of State Bilateral Relations Fact Sheets
- Embassies and Consulates of the World
- United States Embassies
- Amis Inc. (Atlanta-based organization to help international students)
United States and culture:
- Learn about the United States of America
- United States Cultural Etiquette
- Cultural Customs in the U.S.
- Adjusting to a New Culture