The UGA Tifton Campus International Committee, on behalf of the whole campus, welcomes new international students, post docs, and visiting scientists to Tifton, Georgia, the "Friendly City."
The committee has assembled some webpage links to assist in your acclimation to our location and would appreciate any comments you would like to make about your move to Tifton. Comments can be sent to Dr. Juan Carlos Diaz Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org), Dr. Xinzhi Ni (Xinzhi.email@example.com) or Duncan McClusky (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Selected locations listed, visit the Yellow Pages® for more apartment listings.
- Amelia Apartments (two condos, one belongs to manager and second to a long term resident)
- Garvey and Garvey Properties (manages several apartments)
- Sunnyside Apartments
Selected locations listed, visit the Yellow Pages® for more church listings.
- First Baptist Church of Tifton
- Our Divine Saviour Catholic Church (Spanish service on Saturday)
- Peace Lutheran Church
Selected locations listed, visit Tifton Tourism for more shopping information.
- Brother Charlie's Thrift Store — 345 Commerce Way — (229) 382-5540
- Cingular Wireless Cell Phones — 1909 US Highway 82 — (229) 382-2221
- Dollar General — 2201 US Highway 41 N #B — (229) 382-7002
- K-Mart — 144 Virginia Avenue South — (229) 386-2822
- Salvation Army Store — 612 Love Avenue — (229) 386-1503
- Verizon Wireless Cell Phones — 1430 US Highway 82 W — (229) 388-0972
- Wal-Mart — 1830 US Highwya 82 W — (229) 386-8195
- Newcomers Club of Tifton
- City of Tifton
- Tift County
- Tift County Restaurants
- Tift County Schools
- Tifton Gazette (newspaper)
- Tifton Tourism
University of Georgia websites
- College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Graduate School: International Student Orientation
- International Student Life
- Multicultural Services & Programs / African American Cultural Center
- Office of International Education
- Office of International Student, Scholar and Immigration Services
- Tifton Campus