Original Administration Building
- 4601 Research Way
- Tifton, Georgia 31793
Today, the original Administration Building is home to the Tifton Campus Library and provides office space for silviculture (Dr. Dave Moorhead), forest health outreach (Dr. Elizabeth Benton), invasive species and technology (Mr. Chuck Bargeron) and IPM and forest health (Mr. Joe LaForest). Additionally, the building is occupied by a representative from USDA-APHIS-PPQ, support staff and graduate students in the Department of Animal and Dairy Science and all professional staff associated with the UGA Center for Invasive Species and Ecosystem Health (Bugwood). A large conference room and an executive boardroom are located in the building.
Construction of the original Administration Building at the Georgia Coastal Plain Experiment Station in Tifton was completed in 1955. It housed administrative offices, the experiment station library, and provided space for chemistry, soils and tobacco laboratories and offices. The building provided the campus with its first conference room and a small auditorium.