Faculty Travel Funding
Travel funds used to help identify tea varieties that might work well in the American South Travel funds lead to international collaborations, grant funding New OGP Travel Fund Sends Faculty To Brazil, Vietnam and New Zealand Travel Grants Catalyze International Engagement UGA’s Blueberry Program Goes Global
The College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences is committed to increasing international engagement among our faculty. In order to support the development of sustained collaborative global partnerships, the Office of Global Programs will offer international travel funding for CAES faculty three times per year. Funding will be awarded on a competitive basis and is not guaranteed.
Applications will be accepted from CAES faculty members only. Applicants are limited to a total of two submissions per fiscal year and one award per fiscal year.
Fiscal Year 2018 applications must be for travel between October 1, 2017 and September 30, 2018. Applications will be accepted and evaluated on the following three dates during FY18:
- September 1, 2017
- January 5, 2018
- April 10, 2018
Awards will be allocated based on availiability of funds. We anticipate awards of approximately $2000 each.
Priority will be given to applications for international activities that:
- Aim to secure external funding for collaborative programs/projects
- Demonstrate a high potential to develop long-lasting partnerships
- Indicate applicant or departmental cost-share
Priority will also be given to applications from faculty members who have not received previous funding.
Applications of no more than 2 pages should be submitted by email to the Office of Global Programs with a copy to the faculty member’s Department Head.
Applications must include:
- Dates and Location(s) of proposed international travel
- Detailed outline of the purpose and goals of trip
- Description of opportunities for future collaboration
- Indication of how the remaining trip expenses will be covered
For more information about the Faculty International Travel Funding Program, contact the Office of Global Programs at email@example.com.
University of Georgia Travel Funding
- OVPR Faculty Travel Assistance Program
Office of the Vice President for Research Foreign Travel Assistance Program.
- Provost International Travel Funds
Office of the Provost funding to support international faculty travel.