AEAG Agricultural Economist Awards
The Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia offers two (2) different awards to recognize outstanding professional performance and achievements. 1) The J. W. Fanning Distinguished Young Professional Award is open to individuals with up to and including ten years of professional work experience. 2) The J. W. Fanning Distinguished Professional Award is open to those individuals with more than ten years of professional working experience.
Candidates can be self nominated, or by someone familiar with their accomplishments. To ensure all nominations are given consistent representation, please submit the following information:
- Nominee’s contact information (name, address, best phone number and email address)
- If submitting someone else for nomination, please include your contact information as well
- Category of the awards in which the nominee is eligible (i.e. Distinguished Young Professional or Distinguished Professional award)
- Nominee’s education (please include where and when degrees were attained)
- Nominee’s professional experience
- Nominee’s professional accomplishments
- Nominee’s past professional or civic recognitions or awards received
- Responses should be kept to a maximum of two (2) pages in length
All awards are presented by the AEAG at the Awards Luncheon that follows the annual J.W. Fanning Lecture hosted by the University of Georgia’s Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics. The annual lecture series and awards luncheon are usually held during the late fall or winter and we request all recipients to be present to accept the awards.
Nominations are accepted year round, but must be received by the AEAG no later than September 1st to be considered for that year’s awards.
All complete nominations are to be submitted to:
Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia
303 Conner Hall - The University of Georgia
Athens, GA 30602-7509