Assistantships, Fellowships, and Scholarships
Graduate research and teaching assistantships (GRA/GTA) are paid positions within the ALEC department. A graduate assistant also receives a full tuition waiver for both in-state and out-of-state tuition; however students must pay UGA fees and have health insurance.
GRA/GTA assist faculty with research and/or teaching and are expected to work 13-20 hours per week during the semester.
Once fully admitted into the program, students should submit a Letter of Intent and resume to Dr. Kay Kelsey, Graduate Coordinator, detailing the reasons for pursuing an assistantship and how experience and education contribute to the department’s teaching, research, and Extension missions.
Deadline: Letters of intent for assistantships are due March 15 for Fall admission and September 15 for Spring admission.
Other Assistantships, Fellowships, and Scholarships
- STEM Funding opportunities for Master's students
- PSO Graduate Assistantship Program
- Review the PSO Units for a fit with your interests and skill set.
- Make an appointment with the PSO unit department head to discuss you interest in the program.
- Discuss your fit and request the unit head to submit an application on your behalf.
- Complete the student application online.
- Follow up with the unit head.
- PSO funds 15 assistantships per year under this program.
- UGA Graduate School assistantships and scholarships: http://grad.uga.edu/index.php/current-students/financial-information/graduate-school-based-financial-assistance/funding-from-graduate-school/
- Grant Opportunities for Graduate Research Southern SARE Grants and Education to Advance Innovations in Sustainable Agriculture