International Student Application Process
Explaining the process for a prospective international student to attend UGA:
- Review the requirements for the Master of Agricultural and Environmental Education degree program.
- Review UGA graduate school website for international applicants general requirements.
- Apply to UGA Graduate School following three steps:
- Step one: Create and maintain your account.
- Step two: Read admissions policies and procedures.
- Step three: Complete the application form online and submit payment.
- If accepted to UGA, you will receive an acceptance letter and information package on how to apply for a student visa with your home country.
- The package contains your I-20 and orientation information.
- Contact the graduate school for more information about the package.
- Apply for a visa from your home country. Apply online using the information package that has your I-20 information at the US Embassy for the student visa. A student visa is a non-immigrant visa.
- Complete the online application for a visa and pay the SEVIS.
- Schedule an interview with your embassy and pay the MRV to prepare for your . (All links and information to pay the SEVIS and MRV will be found in your home country US Embassy website).
- After visa is approved contact ALEC Department Graduate Coordinator, Dr. Nick Fuhrman and the Graduate School about visa approvals.
- Book your airplane ticket from your home country to Atlanta International Airport.
- Secure housing through UGA or lease an apartment in Athens, Ga.
- Reserve a seat on Groome Transportation's shuttle service to bring you to Athens from the airport.
- Upon arrival in Athens, contact Dr. Fuhrman to register for classes.
- Attend immigration orientation workshop for international students.