Young Harris Beekeeping Institute:
Lodging and Meals
Excellent lodging is available at many hotels/motels in the Young Harris, Hiawassee, and Blairsville, GA areas. Feel free to use the short list of suggestions below to start inquiries for your reservations. Neither YHC nor the UGA has any affiliation with any of these entities.
- Brasstown Valley Crowne Plaza Resort, Young Harris (706) 379-9900
- Ridges Resort & Club, Hiawassee (706) 896-2262
- Ramada - The Lodge at Lake Chatuge, Hiawassee (706) 896-5253
- Holiday Inn Express, Hiawassee (706) 896-8884
Special Rate for our event: Usually $99/night, but tell them you're a beekeeper with the Institute and it will be discounted to $69/night for Wednesday and Thursday, $79/night for Friday and Saturday.
- Holiday Inn Express, Blairsville (706) 745-6844
- Best Western Inn, Blairsville (706) 745-6995
- Chamber of Commerce (listings for cabins, bed & breakfasts, etc., provided here) (800) 984-1543
Daily meals are available at the Young Harris College cafeteria, typically for $7.00-10.00 per person, payable at the door; cafeteria serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It opens Friday morning and closes Saturday evening. There are also many fine local restaurants.
Friday evening is our annual Low Country (shrimp) Boil and fish fry Awards Dinner. The dinner is free to Friday-Only and Two-Day registrants and available to their guests, as well as Saturday-Only registrants, for a small fee. In 2014, the dinner will be held a the Paris Pavillion of the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds, which is conveniently located 7 miles east of Young Harris College, between Young Harris and Hiawassee, on US Highway 76.