Young Harris Beekeeping Institute:
Lodging and Meals
Excellent lodging is available at many hotels/motels in the Young Harris, Hiawassee, and Blairsville, GA areas. Feel free to use the short list of suggestions below to start inquiries for your reservations. YHC and UGA do not endorse or have any affiliation with any of these entities.
- Chamber of Commerce (restaurant & lodging listings) (800) 984-1543
- Best Western Inn, Blairsville (706) 745-6995
- Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, Young Harris (706) 379-9900
- Comfort Inn, Blairsville (706) 745-6844
- Holiday Inn Express, Hiawassee (706) 896-8884
Special Rate for our event: Usually $99/night, but tell them you're a beekeeper with the Institute and it will be discounted to $69/night for Wednesday and Thursday, $79/night for Friday and Saturday.
- Lake Chatuge Lodge, Hiawassee (706) 896-5253
- Ridges Resort & Club, Hiawassee (706) 896-2262
- Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds, Hiawassee, GA.
- Long Ridge Campground, Hiawassee, GA
- River Bend Campground, Hiawassee, GA
Daily meals are available at the Young Harris College cafeteria, typically for $7.00-10.00 per person, payable at the door; cafeteria serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It opens Friday morning and closes Saturday evening. There are also many fine local restaurants.
Friday evening is our annual Low Country (shrimp) Boil and fish fry Awards Dinner. The dinner is free to Friday-Only and Two-Day registrants and available to their guests, as well as Saturday-Only registrants, for a small fee. In 2014, the dinner was held a the Paris Pavillion of the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds, which is conveniently located 7 miles east of Young Harris College, between Young Harris and Hiawassee, on US Highway 76; stay posted to this web site for more information on 2015 arrangements.