"The purpose of this Turf Conference ... may be effectively stated in two words: 'better turf' for the southeastern United States." - Dr. Glenn Burton, in a written introduction to the 23rd Annual Southeastern Turfgrass Conference (1969).
Since its inaugural event in 1946, the annual Southeastern Turfgrass Conference has been focused on sharing the very latest developments in turfgrass research and management.
Browse the news stories below to learn about some of the topics featured during the past few years.
- progress update on the UGA turfgrass breeding program
- pesticide management tactics
- fungicide management tactics
- best management practices for turfgrass
- tax-related issues
- succession planning
- update on the latest bermudagrass hybrids
- update on the UGA turfgrass breeding program
- golf course greens
- new grasses for sod farms and home owners
- new turfgrass drought-tolerant grass variey, DT1
- dealing with nematodes in southeastern turf
- herbicide resistance in bermudagrass
- maximizing the gain from a fertility program
- discussion of disease management, herbicide selection and other problems faced by the turfgrass industry
- extended and more detailed session for golf course superintendents
- Turner Field renovations overview