About Berrien County 4-H
Berrien County 4-H'ers have had a busy time between statewide conferences, district events, and local activities. Berrien County 4-H, a partner in public education, is youth and adults learning, growing, and working together to experience and accomplish the extraordinary. 4-H in Berrien County means livestock shows, judging events, shooting sports, public speaking, project achievement, service activities, summer camp, and much more.
2014 State Congress in Atlanta, GA
Georgia 4-H is a world in which youth and adults learn, grow, and work together as catalysts for positive change! Georgia 4-H, a partner in public education, is youth and adults learning, growing,and working together to experience and accomplish the extraordinary.
Research confirms that all young people have certain developmental needs. As a program used in and after school to supplement learning, 4-H is uniquely positioned to meet such needs. Nationwide 4-H has embraced training centered on four elements
- Belonging - Positive relationships with a caring adult in a safe and inclusive environment.
- Mastery - Engaging in learning by providing the opportunity to succeed.
- Independence - Ensuring that youth see themselves as active participants in the future by encouraging self determination.
- Generosity - Providing opportunities to value and practice service for others.
What is the Mission of Georgia 4-H?
The mission of Georgia 4-H is to assist youth in acquiring knowledge, developing life skills, and forming attitudes that will enable them to become self-directing, productive and contributing members of society. This mission is accomplished, through "hands on" learning experiences, focused on agricultural and environmental issues, agriculture awareness, leadership, communication skills, foods and nutrition, health, energy conservation, and citizenship.
Exploring and discovering, encouraging and challenging, that's what Georgia 4-H is all about. As a program of the UGA Extension system, 4-H is part of the nationwide Extension network.
"To Make the Best Better"
2015 Summer 4-H Camps
Cloverleaf Camp (5th - 6th Graders) Registration will be on March 7th @ 8am
- June 15-19, 2015 at Rock Eagle (Eatonton, GA)
Junior Camp (7th - 8th Graders) Registration will begin February 16
- July 13-17, 2015 at Fortson 4-H Center/Hampton, GA
Marine Resources Camp (6th - 8th Graders) Registration will begin February 16
- July 20-24, 2015 at Burton 4-H Center/Tybee Island
Wilderness Challenge Camp (7th - 8th Graders) Registration will begin February 16
- July 6-10, 2015 at Wahsega 4-H Center/Dahlonega
Senior Camp (9th - 12th Graders) Registration will begin February 16
- June 29-July 3, 2015 at Fortson 4-H Center/Hampton, GA
Senior Extreme Camp (9th - 12th Graders) Registration will begin February 16
- June 8-12, 2015 at Rock Eagle/Frank Fitch Pioneer Camp
Ongoing 4-H Project: Pop Tab Collection for Ronald McDonald House
Last year 4-H’ers continued their tradition of collecting and selling pop tabs to benefit the Ronald McDonald Houses of Georgia. Last year 4-H’ers collected 14,053 pounds of pop tabs for a total donation value of around $7,500! This year the donation will go to the Ronald McDonald House of West Georgia in Columbus. The project began in 2002 when 7th and 8th grade 4-H’ers presented the idea to 4-H administration. Since that date, 4-H’ers have raised over $77,748 to support Ronald McDonald Houses across the state by selling 129,236 pounds of pop tabs. Remember that this is an ongoing project and we will be turning in pop tabs again in November 2014...so keep collecting!
- 5th grade
- 6th grade
- 7th-8th grade
- Flat Creek Christian Academy/Genesis Christian School
- Home School
2014 - 2015 Steer and Heifer Show and Sale - March 9-10, 2015
Congratulations to our Steer Grand Champion Winner LeAnn Beville
Congratulations to our Heifer Grand Champion Winner Julia Taylor
- 4-H Enrollment
- Code of Conduct
- Medical Information & Release
- 2015-2016 GA State Livestock Rules & Regulations (Draft)
- Livestock Age Eligibility (NEW)
- Membership & Enrollment
For more information about Berrien County 4-H Youth Development Programs, email Patrick E. Willis or call (229) 686-5431.
Visit the Georgia 4-H website at www.georgia4h.org.