Explore our website to discover the many opportunities awaiting youth ages 9-19 who reside in Bibb County.
4-H is open to all youth in this age group regardless of race, color, sex, handicap or national origin. (See complete eligibility requirements at Eligibility Guidelines.)
Bibb County 4-H offers in-school clubs to all Bibb County public elementary schools (5th grade) and middle schools, as well as private schools. Participation is decided by individual schools.
For students who do not have school clubs available, two community clubs meet once monthly at the 4-H Office, 145 First St. Upper Level, in Macon, from 7:00-8:00 p.m.
County Council - 5th-8th graders & at least 9 years old
Sigma Lambda Chi - 9th-12th graders
Occasionally these meetings may be held at different locations or times - please call (478) 751-6338 for monthly community club meeting details.
A student must complete a 4-H enrollment card for the current school year. 4-H participants in school and community clubs complete the enrollment cards at their September meetings.
Other youth who are not already members through any of these clubs may pick up an enrollment card at the 4-H office, 145 First St. Upper Level, Macon, Georgia 31201 or download one here. All completed cards must be returned to the 4-H office.
to assist youth in acquiring knowledge, developing life skills, and forming attitudes that will enable them to become self-directing, productive and contributing members of society.
The mission is accomplished through "hands on" learning experiences, focused on agricultural and environmental issues, agriculture awareness, leadership, communication skills, foods and nutrition, health, energy conservation, and citizenship.
4-H is a major outreach program of the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Extension System and is part of the nationwide Extension network. 4-H works in cooperation with the public school system, the University of Georgia, and partners in the state and county government.
Visit us on Facebook.
Also, become a member of the Bibb County 4-H Group to stay in touch and find out more detailed information on upcoming events and happenings!
Visit the Georgia 4-H Calendar for more information.
Clover Times - Cloverleaf 4-H'er Newsletter
- Clover Times - September 2014
- Clover Times - October 2014
- Clover Times - November 2014
- Cloverleaf District Project Achievement Flyer
- Clover Times - December 2014
- Clover Times - January 2015
- Clover Times - February 2015
- Clover Times - March 2015
Junior Journal - Junior 4-H'er Newsletter
- Junior Journal - September 2014
- Junior Journal - October 2014
- Junior Journal - November 2014
- Jr./Sr. District Project Achievement Flyer
- Junior Journal - December 2014
- Junior Journal - January 2015
- Junior Journal - February 2015
- Junior Journal - March 2015
Sigma Lambda Chi Gazette - Senior 4-H'er Newsletter
- Sigma Lambda Chi Gazette - August 2014
- Sigma Lambda Chi Gazette - September 2014
- Sigma Lambda Chi Gazette - October 2014
- Sigma Lambda Chi Gazette - November 2014
- Jr./Sr. District Project Achievement Flyer
- Sigma Lambda Chi Gazette - December 2014
- Sigma Lambda Chi Gazette - January 2015
- Sigma Lambda Chi Gazette - February 2015
- Sigma Lambda Chi Gazette - March 2015
- Cotton Boll & Consumer Jamboree
- Project Achievement
- Summer Camp
- Dean's Award
- Leadership In Action
- Georgia 4-H Ambassador Program
- Clovers & Company
- Citizenship Washington Focus
- Leadership Day at the Capitol
- State Council
- Fall Forum
- Junior Conference
- Annual 4-H Awards Program and Reception
- Summer Activities
- Rock Eagle 4-H Center (Eatonton, Georgia)
- Fortson 4-H Center (Hampton, Georgia)
- Burton 4-H Center (Tybee Island, Georgia)
- Jekyll Island 4-H Center (Jekyll Island, Georgia)
- Wahsega 4-H Center (Dahlonega, Georgia)
If you would like to become a Bibb County 4-H Volunteer Leader, please click here for further info and an application to complete. Applications should be returned to our office at 145 First St. Upper Level, Macon, GA 31201. A background check is done by UGA Human Resources in Athens. Two reference recommendations are also required. In addition, overnight chaperones must complete a training course (approximately 2 hrs.) before becoming certified leaders.
For more information about Bibb County 4-H Youth Development Programs, contact us at (478) 751-6338.
For information about 4-H programs in counties other than Bibb, contact your local Extension office.
Visit the Georgia 4-H website at www.georgia4h.org.
Bibb County 4-H is a supported United Way agency.
Logo used courtesy of United Way of Central Georgia