Check out the 4-H page and get in on the fun of creating a 4-H
Cookbook. We need your recipes! For more info call 496-2040.
Deadline is Dec. 1, 2015.
You to join the Southeast Georgia Cattlemen’s Association
Who is wanted: Anyone interested in learning about Cattle & Hay Production or supporters of the Cattle Industry
What you get from your $65.00 paid membership:
- 4 free meals yearly at the quarterly meetings in Nahunta
- Free subscription to Cattleman’s Magazine
- Interesting speakers & topics such as: Beef Cattle Management, Cattle Nutrition, Hay Production, Pasture Pest Management
- Experts and specialists willing to answer questions and provide assistance.
Contact the Charlton Extension Office at 912-496-2040 for more information on registration.
Your annual $65.00 dues payment includes a free subscription to the Georgia Cattleman’s Magazine and dinner at the quarterly meetings held in Nahunta, GA.
Now is the time to test the soil before you plant your fall garden.
Cost is $10. per sample. Stop by the Extension Office to get a soil sample bag or just bring in a quart ziplock bag full of soil and someone will be glad to assist you.
Water tests are available starting at $20. per sample.
Updates on the Swine Influenza Virus
The following links have been sent to the Charlton County Extension Office concerning the Swine Influenza Virus.
- How to Avoid Getting the Flu
- Swine Flu Viruses are not transmitted by food
- Links from the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Public Service Announcement-Flu Outbreak-English & Spanish
For more information checkout this website: Southeast Health District--- www.sehdph.org
Check out the new gardening articles in the Agriculture & Natural Resources section.
Our mission is to extend lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
Address & Phone
UGA Extension Charlton County
55 Kingsland Dr.
Folkston, GA 31537
912-496-2364 - fax