Cherokee County Extension Office:
4-H Youth Development
Cherokee County T-shirt Order Form
- 4-H Camp Opportunities:
- Georgia 4-H Centers
- Cloverleaf District Project Achievement
- County Council ( For home school students and students in schools without 4-H program)
- Meetings are the first Tuesday night of each month at the Extension Office (1130 Bluffs Parkway, Canton).
- Cherokee Chargers 4-H Horse Club
- S.A.F.E. Shooting Sports
- Air Rifle (9th grade to 12th grade) will begin practice September 5th from 6:30 until 8:30 at Big Woods Good Shooting Range. The Air Rifle team practices every Monday and Thursday.
- BB practice (*NEW MEMEBERS ONLY) will be on September 19th and 26th from 6:30 until 8:30 at Big Woods Goods Shooting Range.
- Forestry Judging Team
- Medical Form: To be completed for all 4-H events
- Code of Conduct: To be completed each year
- Other Policies & Procedures for 4-H Activities and Events
- Cloverleaf Project Worksheet
4-H MOTTO: "To Make the Best Better"
I pledge my Head to clearer thinking,
My Heart to greater loyalty,
My Hands to larger service, and
My Health to better living
for my Club, my Community and my Country, and my world!
Exploring and discovering, encouraging and challenging, that's what Georgia 4-H is all about. As a program of the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Cooperative Extension System, 4-H is part of the nationwide Extension network.
4-H'ers are known for sharing their research-based knowledge and technology to people where they live and work. 4-H combines federal, state, and local expertise and resources.
In Georgia, Extension faculty members based on the campus of the University of Georgia and in most Georgia counties work directly with adult and teen volunteer leaders to implement the 4-H program at the local level. For more information about Georgia 4-H, contact your local county Extension Office or the Georgia State 4-H Office.
2012 Junior Camp at Tybee Island
2012 Senior Camp at Rock Eagle
The University of Georgia 4-H Program has five centers for education located in different areas of the state. Each center offers 4-H Environmental Education and Summer Camp.
|Burton||Tybee Island, Georgia|
|Jekyll Island||Jekyll Island, Georgia|
|Rock Eagle||Eatonton, Georgia|
If you are a parent or student trying to put together a project, view the video examples below. These students put together great presentations and placed tops in both County Project Achievement and District Project Achievement.
Examples: 5th grade projects
Score cards below give you an idea on how presentations are judged at County & District competitions.
- Creative Stitchery scorecard
- Food Lab scorecard
- General scorecard
- Performing Arts scorecard- General
- Performing Arts scorecard- Vocal
- Public Speaking scorecard
2013 Cloverleaf Project Achievement at Rock Eagle
Field Day Information
There will be no Forestry Judging team for the 2013 4-H year.
Tree Identification References
Insect and Disease References
- Forest Health Guide for Georgia
- Insects and Diseases of Trees in the South
- National 4-H Forestry Disease and Insect Flash Cards
Flash Card Leaf Templates
Kid Friendly Links from Cherokee County 4-H Youth
- Junior Master Gardeners
- Cagle’s Dairy Farm
- GA Forestry Teacher’s Guide
- EPA Website for Kids and Teachers
- GA Dept of Natural Resources
- Youth Environmental Stewardship
- PBS Online
Visit the Georgia 4-H website at www.georgia4h.org.