The mission of Georgia 4-H is to assist youth in acquiring knowledge, developing life skills, and forming attitudes that will enable them to become self-directing, productive and contributing members of society. This mission is accomplished through "hands-on" learning experiences, focused on agricultural and environmental issues, agriculture awareness, leadership, communication skills, foods and nutrition, health, energy conservation, and citizenship.
Powers Crossroads Property
4766 Highway 34 West
Newnan, Ga 30263
The Powers Crossroads property is now available for lease to organizations and individuals looking to host special events. Coweta County 4-H is proud to be a part of the rich history of the property that hosted the Powers Crossroads Arts & Crafts Festival for more than 40 years. As one of the five community organizations that own the property, Coweta 4-H is excited to see new events and activities coming to the grounds in the years to come. For more information on leasing opportunities, please click below for the lease agreement or call the Extension office at 770-254-2620.
Click Here for the lease agreement
Coweta County 4-H Newsletter
- September, 2014
- August, 2014
Events & Activities
Coweta County Fair
The biggest event of the year for Coweta County 4-H is coming September 18-27! Be sure to check out the fairbook for contest entries, exhibit information, animal shows, and so much more!
It is important to remember that the food booth at the fair is our most important fundraiser for the overall program, as well for the specialty clubs. Your help is vital to making this a success. Check the schedule for a list of shift times. Call the Extension office at (770) 254-2620 to book your time, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coweta 4-H Honors Banquet
- We had a wonderful turnout at the banquet. A tremendous thank you goes to our banquet sponsors:
- Newnan Optimist Club
- Coweta County Farm Bureau
- Newnan Kiwanis Club
- Bar-W Feed Supply
- Newnan Florist and Gift Shop
- Congratulations to everyone but most particularly to our new county award winners.
- Outstanding Cloverleaf: Jennifer Brinton, Sara Reed, Michael Whitlock
- Outstanding Junior: Cody Whitlock and Abigail Lummus
- Newnan Times-Herald Outstanding Senior: Ben Dennis, Emily Morgan, and Kailey Prince
- I Dare You Award: Adam Pendleton and Stormy Crowe
- Key Award: Ben Dennis, Emily Morgan, Mady Hillebrand, Kailey Prince
- Bruce Hamilton Scholarship: Adam Pendleton
- Master 4-H Awards
- State Scholarship: Whitney Kirkpatrick
- State Land Judging Contest
- Emily Morgan, Jesse Robertson, Adam Pendleton, Ben Dennis
- High Individuals: Emily Morgan and Jesse Robertson
- Spirit of 4-H Scholarship: Kailey Prince
- Don Morris "Workhorse" Scholarship: Ben Dennis
- Rebecca Miolen Memorial Scholarship: Amy Goddard
- Friend of 4-H: Ross Perry of Jefferson Parkway Elementary School
- Volunteer of the Year Award: Michael Piper and Chris Ritts
- Frank Kirbow Outstanding Volunteer: Sonjia Lambeck
Special Interest Clubs
- Coweta Frogs (4-H Middle School Club)
- VERY IMPORTANT: The Coweta Frogs will not begin their new year until Tuesday, September 2nd. The meeting will run from 7:00 - 8:30 pm at the Coweta County Extension Office on Pine Road. Refreshments will be served so please call (770) 254-2620 to let us know if you are planning to attend!
- Dairy Heifer Show Team
- Horse and Pony Club
- The Horse and Pony Club meets at the Coweta County Extension Office on the first Thursday of every month at 7pm. Their next meeting will be on September 4th. Registration for the new year will take place from August through October.
- Junior Beekeepers
- The Junior Beekeepers Club goes over all the intricacies of being a beekeeper and the wonderful quality of those little flying pollinators, the honeybees!
- The club meets at 5:00 pm on the second Monday of every month in the Don Morris Meeting room at the Extension Office. Their next meeting will be on September 8.
- If you would like to find out more information you can contact Coweta County Extension at 770.254.2620 or contact the club leader, Bobby Torbush, directly at email@example.com.
- K-9 Klub
- The fourth Thursday of each month is set aside for our dog lovers. The K-9 Klub meets at the Coweta Extension Office at 7:00 pm; their next meeting will be on August 28.
- August Newsletter
- Livestock Club
- The Livestock Club generally meets at the Coweta County Extension Office on the third Thursday of each month. Due to the Coweta County Fair, the September meeting will be rescheduled. Check back for date and time.
- Poultry Club
- The Poultry Club usually meets on the first Monday each month at 7:00 pm in the Coweta County Fairgrounds Ag Building. Because of the Labor Day holiday, their next meeting will be on Monday, September 8th.
- Sigma Lambda Chi (grades 9-12)
- Sigma Lambda Chi is a club for high school students interested in service, leadership, and citizenship. Their regularly scheduled meetings will begin on Tuesday, September 2 at 6:00 pm at the Coweta County Extension Office in the conference room. Call (770) 254-2620 for more information.
- Target Sports
- Watch for announcements regarding registration for next year's teams.
- BB Gun
- Registration for the 2014-2015 season will be available soon.
- Shotgun (Modified Trap)
- Participants are required to have completed the Hunter Safety Course and provide their own approved eye and ear protection.
- Preferred firearms include over and under or automatic shotguns. No single shot guns will be allowed. There will be a limited amount of equipment available if needed.
- Signups for the 2014-2015 year will be announced when the information becomes available.
- Veterinary Science Student Organization (V.S.S.O.)
- The VSSO is a student run organization dedicated to the education of youth. After enjoying a summer break, the VSSO will resume meetings on Thursday, September 11, 7:00pm, at the Coweta County Extension Office.
During the year, Junior (7th and 8th graders) and Senior (9th - 12th graders) 4-H'ers have the opportunity to attend district and state conferences. While attending, you will meet new friends from across Georgia, participate in community service projects, and attend exciting workshops. Registration and application information will be given out during 4-H club meetings or you can call the 4-H Office.
- Senior Conference: 9th-12th grade students
- Junior Rally: current 6th-8th grade students
- Spring, 2015
- State Council: rising 9th grade through 12th grade students
- June 2015; Rock Eagle 4-H Center
- Junior Conference: 7th & 8th grade students
- November 2014 at Rock Eagle 4-H Center
- Fall Forum: 9th-12th grade students and 4-H adult volunteers
- December 13-14, 2014 at Rock Eagle 4-H Center
Judging and Quiz Bowl Events
- Dairy Quiz Bowl
- Horse Quiz Bowl
- Horse Judging
- Poultry Judging
Georgia 4-H Camps
Each summer, 4-H'ers have the opportunity to attend camp at one of the five 4-H centers: Rock Eagle 4-H Camp; Wahsega 4-H Camp; Jekyll Island 4-H Center; Tybee Island 4-H Center/Burton 4-H Center; and Fortson 4-H Center. Information on the 2015 registration and costs are be posted as they become available.
- Cloverleaf Camp at Rock Eagle: current 5th & 6th grades
- Junior Camp: current 7th and 8th grades
- Marine Resource Camp: current 6th-8th graders
- Senior Camp: current 9th-12th graders
- Senior Extreme Camp: current 9th-12th graders
- 2014-2015 4-H Enrollment Form: required for membership in every club, must be renewed each August.
- 4-H Code of Conduct
- The Code of Conduct must be renewed every August 1st and is valid for one year. It must be signed by both parent and 4-H'er. All current 4-H'ers must complete and sign the new version and return to the Extension Office.
- 4-H Medical Information and Release form
- The MIRF must also be renewed in August and held on file at the Extension Office. It must also accompany the 4-H'er on any event away from the office.
- Change of County 4-H Membership
- The Change of Membership form should be completed for any 4-H'er who does not live in or go to school in Coweta County. The form must be signed by agents in both the home and new county, then forwarded to a state review committee.
For more information about Coweta County 4-H Youth Development Programs, contact Rachel Fautsch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (770) 254-2620.
Visit the Georgia 4-H Web site at www.georgia4h.org.