The mission of Georgia 4-H is to assist youth in acquiring knowledge, developing life skills, and forming attitudes that will enable them to become self-directing, productive and contributing members of society. This mission is accomplished through "hands-on" learning experiences, focused on agricultural and environmental issues, agriculture awareness, leadership, communication skills, foods and nutrition, health, energy conservation, and citizenship.
- October, 2014
- Holiday Card Contest
- Showmanship Results
- Poultry Club
- September, 2014
- BB Gun Team Registration
- Coweta County Fair
- Cloverleaf Camp at Rock Eagle
- Pull Tab Service Project
Fifth Grade Officer Nominations
In each of the fifth grade school clubs, eight students have been nominated to campaign for 4-H club officer. Nominees should prepare a short speech emphasizing their best qualities and why they would like to be a 4-H officer. We also encourage a small poster; many schools will allow these to be displayed in the classroom or hallway. Remember, while only four will be elected, all the candidates should be proud as it was an honor to be nominated.
- Cloverleaf (ages 9 through 6th grade)
- County: January 13, 2015 6:30 pm at Jefferson Parkway Elementary
- Pre-register by calling (770) 254-2620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- District: February 14 at Rock Eagle 4-H Center
- Junior (7th-8th grades) and Senior (9th-12th grades)
- Portfolio Clinics are available to work in a group setting. You may also choose to schedule an appointment with 4-H staff. Check out this flyer for clinic dates as well as all important deadlines!
- District: March 13-15, 2015 at Rock Eagle 4-H Center
- The November meeting of the Frogs will be on Tuesday, November 4, 7:00 pm, here at the Extension Office. Our program will be on careers and preparing for Project Achievement. Elections will also be held for 2014-15 officers. Please bring a snack to share - see you then!
Dairy Heifer Show Team
Horse and Pony Club
- The Horse and Pony Club meets at the Coweta County Extension Office on the first Thursday of every month at 7pm. Their next meeting will be on November 6th.
The Junior Beekeepers Club goes over all the intricacies of being a beekeeper and the wonderful quality of those little flying pollinators, the honeybees!
- The club meets at 5:00 pm on the second Monday of every month in the Don Morris Meeting room at the Extension Office. Their next meeting will be on November 10.
- If you would like to find out more information you can contact Coweta County Extension at 770.254.2620 or contact the club leader, Bobby Torbush, directly at email@example.com.
- The fourth Thursday of each month is usually set aside for our dog lovers, however the upcoming holiday season has a direct impact on their schedule. There will not be a meeting in November; check back soon for information regarding the December program.
- The Livestock Club meets at the Coweta County Extension Office on the third Thursday of each month. Their next meeting will be held on Thursday, November 20th.
- The Poultry Club meets on the first Monday each month at 7:00 pm in the Coweta County Fairgrounds Ag Building.
Check them out on November 3rd if you're interested in chickens, turkeys, geese, and more!
- Poultry Peeps newsletter
Sigma Lambda Chi (grades 9-12)
Sigma Lambda Chi is a club for high school students interested in service, leadership, and citizenship.
- Come meet our new 4-H agent, Ms. Megan Bailey, at the next meeting on Tuesday, November 4, 7:00 pm. All meetings are held at the Coweta Extension office - call (770) 254-2620 for more information.
- Watch for announcements regarding registration for next year's teams.
- BB Gun
- BB registration is closed for the 2014-15 season. Safety classes are ongoing with tryouts coming up this fall.
- Shotgun (Modified Trap)
- Participants are required to have completed the Hunter Safety Course and provide their own approved eye and ear protection.
- Preferred firearms include over and under or automatic shotguns. No single shot guns will be allowed. There will be a limited amount of equipment available if needed.
- Signups for the 2014-2015 year will be announced when the information becomes available.
Veterinary Science Student Organization (V.S.S.O.)
- The VSSO is a student run organization dedicated to the education of youth. Their next meeting will be on Thursday, November 13th, 7:00 pm at the Coweta Extension office.
During the year, Junior (7th and 8th graders) and Senior (9th - 12th graders) 4-H'ers have the opportunity to attend district and state conferences. While attending, you will meet new friends from across Georgia, participate in community service projects, and attend exciting workshops. Registration and application information will be given out during 4-H club meetings or you can call the 4-H Office.
- Senior Conference: 9th-12th grade students
- Junior Rally: current 6th-8th grade students
- Spring, 2015
- State Council: rising 9th grade through 12th grade students
- June 2015; Rock Eagle 4-H Center
- Junior Conference: 7th & 8th grade students
- November 8-9, 2014 at Rock Eagle 4-H Center
- Fall Forum: 9th-12th grade students and 4-H adult volunteers
- December 13-14, 2014 at Rock Eagle 4-H Center
- All 5th - 12th graders are welcome. Practices will be weekly; the schedule will be announced soon.
- State Dairy Judging Contest: March 27, 2015 in Athens
Dairy Quiz Bowl
Horse Quiz Bowl
Each summer, 4-H'ers have the opportunity to attend residential camps at one of the five 4-H centers: Rock Eagle 4-H Camp; Wahsega 4-H Camp; Jekyll Island 4-H Center; Tybee Island 4-H Center/Burton 4-H Center; and Fortson 4-H Center. Information on the 2015 registration and costs are be posted as they become available.
- Cloverleaf Camp: current 5th & 6th grades
- Rock Eagle, June 1-5, 2015
- Junior Camp: current 7th and 8th grades
- Camp Fortson, June 15-19
- Wilderness Challenge Camp: current 7th-9th graders
- Camp Wahsega, July 6-10, 2015
- Marine Resource Camp: current 6th-8th graders
- Camp Burton, July 20-24, 2015
- Senior Camp: current 9th-12th graders
- Camp Fortson, June 29-July 3, 2015
- Senior Extreme Camp: current 9th-12th graders
- Rock Eagle, June 8-12, 2015
In addition, a day camp is offered for ages 9 through sixth grade called Adventure Camp. Campers will enjoy guest speakers, classes, crafts, outdoor activities and include an incredible field trip. More information will be available in coming months.
- 2015 Adventure Camp: July 13-17, 2015
- 2014-2015 4-H Enrollment Form: required for membership in every club, must be renewed each August.
- 4-H Code of Conduct
- The Code of Conduct must be renewed every August 1st and is valid for one year. It must be signed by both parent and 4-H'er. All current 4-H'ers must complete and sign the new version and return to the Extension Office.
- 4-H Medical Information and Release form
- The MIRF must also be renewed in August and held on file at the Extension Office. It must also accompany the 4-H'er on any event away from the office.
- Change of County 4-H Membership
- The Change of Membership form should be completed for any 4-H'er who does not live in or go to school in Coweta County. The form must be signed by agents in both the home and new county, then forwarded to a state review committee.
The Powers Crossroads property located at 4766 Highway 34 West in Newnan is now available for lease to organizations and individuals looking to host special events. Coweta County 4-H is proud to be a part of the rich history of the property that hosted the Powers Crossroads Arts & Crafts Festival for more than 40 years. As one of the five community organizations that own the property, Coweta 4-H is excited to see new events and activities coming to the grounds in the years to come. For more information on leasing opportunities, please click below for the lease agreement or call the Extension office at (770) 254-2620.
Click Here for the lease agreement.
For more information about Coweta County 4-H Youth Development Programs, contact Megan Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (770) 254-2620.
Visit the Georgia 4-H website at www.georgia4h.org.