Our mission is to extend lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
Address & Phone
Richmond County Extension Office
602 Greene Street
Augusta, GA 30901-1428
(706) 821-2584 - Fax
Click Walk Georgia icon for complete information
The Extension Professional's Creed
Written by W. A. Lloyd, 1922
- I BELIEVE in people and their hopes, their aspirations and their faith; in their right to make their own plans and arrive at their own decisions; in their ability and power to enlarge their lives and plan for the happiness of those they love.
- I BELIEVE that education, of which Extension work is an essential part, is basic in stimulating individual initiative, self determination and leadership; that these are the keys to democracy and that people, when given facts they understand, will act not only in their self-interest, but also in the interest of society.
- I BELIEVE that education is a lifelong process and the greatest university is the home; that my success as a teacher is proportional to those qualities of mind and spirit that give me welcome entrance to the homes of the families I serve.
- I BELIEVE in intellectual freedom to search for and present the truth without bias and with courteous tolerance toward the views of others.
- I BELIEVE the Extension is the link between the people and the ever-changing discoveries in the laboratories.
- I BELIEVE in the public institutions of which I am a part.
- I BELIEVE in my own work and in the opportunity I have to make my life useful to humanity.
- Because I BELIEVE these things, I am an Extension professional.