The mission of Georgia 4-H is to assist youth in acquiring knowledge, developing life skills, and forming attitudes that will enable them to become self-directing, productive and contributing members of society.
Keep up to date on Walton County 4-H events, clubs, and opportunities by liking us on Facebook.
You can also join our email list
If you are between 9 and 19 years old and live in Walton County, you can be a member of 4-H. There are several ways you can join 4-H.
- If you are in the 5th grade in one of the Walton County Public Schools you are automatically in 4-H and are considered a "Cloverleaf" meeting, a 4-H leader will come to your classroom for meetings once a month.
- If you are in middle or high school you are in 4-H in one of three ways:
- 6th graders are still considered to be Cloverleafs and may attend the monthly afterschool meeting held at their school.
- 7th and 8th graders are considered "Junior Members" and may attend the monthly afterschool meeting held at their school. Junior members are also invited to attend County Council, a monthly meeting held at the extension office for Junior and Senior members from across the county.
- 9th-12th graders are considered "Senior Members" and may attend the monthly County Council meeting held at the extension office.
- If you are a Home Schooler, the Evergreen 4-H Club meets once a month and you are welcome to sign up at the meeting.
- If you do not fit in one of the above groups, you can give us a call at the 4-H office or e-mail us, and we will direct you to a meeting or activity that fits your needs.
- You can fill out an enrollment form found in the "Forms" section of this page and mail it to us, and we will get in touch with you to explain the opportunities 4-H has to offer.
Summer FUN 2015
Just because the school year is over doesn't mean the 4-H Fun has to stop! Download the following brochure for the full details and information on our Summer Fun Classes offered this year!
- Table Top Gaming
- Farm to Fork Programming
- Mayfield Dairy Plant Tour
- Pizza Making with Mrs. Molly
- Wildlife & Fishing Day
- A Horse is A Horse!
- Green Plant Blues
New t-shirt designs have now been created and are for sale at the Walton County Extension Office. Complete the order form below to get your Walton County 4-H t-shirt.
Stay up to date on all the Walton County excitement by checking out the most recent Clovergram Newsletter!
- April/May 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- School Supply Drive, Items List
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
Please contact the office for more details or if you have questions about any of the activities or events.
The Walton County 4-H 2015 Summer Fun Classes are now available. You can view a full list of the fun classes and day trips that will be offered this summer.
Cloverleaf (5th-6th grades)
- Cloverleaf Camp: June 29-July 3 at Rock Eagle 4-H Center
Junior Camps & Trips (7th-8th grades)
- Northeast/Northwest Junior Rally: May 2-3 at Wahsega 4-H Center
- Junior Camp: June 1-5 at Fortson 4-H Center
- Wilderness Camp: July 6-10 at Wahsega 4-H Center
- Marine Resource Camp: July 20-24 at Burton 4-H Center
- Junior Camps Scholarship Application
Senior Camps & Trips (9th-12th grades)
- Statewide 4-H Senior Conference: April 11-12 at Rock Eagle 4-H Center
- Senior Camp: June 29-July 3 at Fortson 4-H Center
- Senior EXTREME Camp: June 9-13 at Rock Eagle 4-H Center
Please call the office if you are interested in one of the summer camps.
Planning to go on a 4-H activity?
You will need to have a current copy of all three of the following forms, if you are unsure if your files are current and up-to-date please print a copy and complete a copy of these forms and bring them to the office.
2015 Walton County 4-H Shirts
|Jenna Daniel||Emily Rodgers||Sarah Grimes|
|4-H Agent||Program Assistant||Program Assistant|
For more information on Walton County 4-H Youth Development Programs, call the office at (770) 267-1324 or email one of our staff members.
Visit the Georgia 4-H website at www.georgia4h.org