The mission of Georgia 4-H is to assist youth in acquiring knowledge, developing life skills, and forming attitudes that will enable them to become self-directing, productive and contributing members of society.
Keep up to date on Walton County 4-H events, clubs, and opportunities by liking us on Facebook.
You can also join our email list
If you are between 9 and 19 years old and live in Walton County, you can be a member of 4-H. There are several ways you can join 4-H.
- If you are in the fifth grade in one of the Walton County Public Schools you are automatically in 4-H and are considered a "Cloverleaf" meeting, a 4-H leader will come to your classroom for meetings once a month.
- If you are in middle or high school you are in 4-H in one of three ways:
- 6th graders are still considered to be Cloverleafs and may attend the monthly afterschool meeting held at their school.
- 7th and 8th graders are considered "Junior Members" and may attend the monthly afterschool meeting held at their school. Junior members are also invited to attend County Council, a monthly meeting held at the extension office for Junior and Senior members from across the county.
- 9th-12th graders are considered "Senior Members" and may attend the monthly County Council meeting held at the extension office.
- If you are a Home Schooler, the Evergreen 4-H Club meets once a month and you are welcome to sign up at the meeting.
- If you do not fit in one of the above groups, you can give us a call at the 4-H office or e-mail us, and we will direct you to a meeting or activity that fits your needs.
- You can fill out an enrollment form found in the "Forms" section of this page and mail it to us, and we will get in touch with you to explain the opportunities 4-H has to offer.
Stay up to date on all the Walton County excitement by checking out the most recent Clovergram Newsletter!
Please contact the office for more details or if you have questions about any of the activities or events.
Cloverleaf 5th-6th grades
Junior Camps 7th-8th grades
- Junior Camp: June 1-5 at Fortson 4-H Center
- Wilderness Camp: July 6-10 at Wahsega 4-H Center
- Marine Resource Camp: July 20-24 at Burton 4-H Center
Senior Camps 9th-12th grades
- Senior Camp: June 29-July 3 at Fortson 4-H Center
- Senior EXTREME Camp: June 9-13 at Rock Eagle 4-H Center
Please call the office if you are interested in one of the summer camps.
Check back soon for our photo albums on Flickr.
|Jenna Daniel||Emily Rodgers||Sarah Grimes|
|4-H Agent||Program Assistant||Program Assistant|
For more information on Walton County 4-H Youth Development Programs, call the office at (770) 267-1324 or email one of our staff members.
Visit the Georgia 4-H website at www.georgia4h.org