Fortson 4-H Center:
Fortson 4-H Center will be having three days designed specifically for homeschool families. Bring your family to Fortson 4-H Center March 19th, April 2nd, May 14th, or all three days! Each day offers different classes. Plan to arrive at Fortson 4-H Center by 9am. Cost is $24/person and includes lunch. Fill out the registration form and mail to Fortson 4-H Center along with a deposit of $12/person.
Environmental Education Goals
- To develop an awareness, knowledge, and appreciation for the natural environment.
- To cultivate curiosity, critical reasoning, and evaluation skills.
- To develop positive relationships among students and their teachers.
- To make the school program more meaningful by applying knowledge and skills acquired in the classroom to real-life situations.
- To provide experiences in using scientific processes, such as observing, measuring, classifying, etc.
- To develop self-confidence and physical fitness.
- To develop an appreciation for the local and natural history of the area.
All of our classes in our Environmental Education Program offer hands-on learning experiences that enhance skills taught in the classroom through a curriculum that is aligned with the Georgia Department of Education curriculum standards. We offer day classes as well as overnight trips to young people ranging from pre-K through 8th grade. Join us for a fun filled educational experience that your students will be talking about all year. Our environmental education program works cooperatively with the University of Georgia in an effort to provide a research based education at our facility.
We are now accepting reservations for the 2012-13 school year. Please contact Allen Nasworthy at (770) 946-3276 or email her at email@example.com
Operated by the University of Georgia, the center is open to environmental education programs August-May. Please call Allen Nasworthy at (770) 946-3276 for information and available dates. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Click here for a video about Environmental Education.