Fortson 4-H Center:
Camp EcoAdventure Spring Break Camp
Fortson 4-H Center will again be offering its exciting Camp EcoAdventure during Spring Break, April 7-11! Open for 4th-8th graders, this day camp is a great way for students to spend their Spring Break - learning while outdoors and having fun! Each day includes three fun, environmental education sessions plus other fun activities. Take a look at the Camp EcoAdventure flyer!
Early Bird registration ends March 17th so register now!
For more information call (770) 946-3276 or email Reese Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fortson Homeschool Club
This Spring Fortson 4-H Center will be offering its environmental education program designed specifically for homeschool families! The Fortson Homeschool Club will include 8 classes this semester, 1 every 2nd and 4th Friday of the month. Registration is open now - space is limited!
Fortson Farm & Adoption Program
Fortson 4-H Center is proud to introduce its NEW Adopt-an-Animal program!
Come visit the farm and meet our animals!
Environmental Education Goals
- To develop an awareness, knowledge, and appreciation for the natural environment.
- To cultivate curiosity, critical reasoning, and evaluation skills.
- To develop positive relationships among students and their teachers.
- To make the school program more meaningful by applying knowledge and skills acquired in the classroom to real-life situations.
- To provide experiences in using scientific processes, such as observing, measuring, classifying, etc.
- To develop self-confidence and physical fitness.
- To develop an appreciation for the local and natural history of the area.
All of our classes in our Environmental Education Program offer hands-on learning experiences that enhance skills taught in the classroom through a curriculum that is aligned with the Georgia Department of Education curriculum standards. We offer day classes as well as overnight trips to students ranging from Pre-K through 12th grade. Join us for a fun-filled educational experience that your students will be talking about all year! Our environmental education program works cooperatively with the University of Georgia in an effort to provide a research-based education at our facility.
We are now accepting reservations for the 2014-2015 school year!
Operated by the University of Georgia, the center is open to environmental education programs August-May. Please contact Reese Simmons at (770) 946-3276 or email@example.com for booking, more information and available dates. To book now, complete our reservation form! We look forward to seeing you soon!
Click here for a video about Environmental Education.
- Rates and Fees
- Classes Offered
- GPS Correlations
- EE Program Teacher Checklist
- Sample Schedule
- 'What to Bring' List
- Chaperone Guidelines
- Class Request Form 2014
- ES-237 Form
- EE Program Update Form
- KP Assignment
- Journal Questions
- Name Tags
- Friends Magazine