Faculty Travel Funding
The College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences is committed to increasing international engagement among our faculty. In order to support the development of sustained collaborative global partnerships, the Office of Global Programs will offer international travel funding for CAES faculty three times per year. Funding will be awarded on a competitive basis and is not guaranteed.
Applications will be accepted from CAES faculty members only. Applicants are limited to receiving one travel award within a one year period.
Fiscal Year 2017 applications must be for travel between October 1, 2016 and September 30, 2017. Applications will be accepted and evaluated on the following three dates during FY 17:
- September 1, 2016
- January 6, 2017
- March 5, 2017
Applications will be accepted from CAES faculty members only. Applicants are limited to a total of two submissions per fiscal year and one award per fiscal year.
Priority will be given to applications for international activities that:
- Aim to secure external funding for collaborative programs/projects
- Demonstrate a high potential to develop long-lasting partnerships
- Indicate applicant or departmental cost-share
Applications of no more than 2 pages should be submitted by email to the Office of Global Programs with a copy to the faculty member’s Department Head.
Applications must include:
- Dates and Location(s) of proposed international travel
- Detailed outline of the purpose and goals of trip
- Description of opportunities for future collaboration
- Indication of how the remaining trip expenses will be covered
For more information about the Faculty International Travel Funding Program, contact the Office of Global Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.