Global Programs World Food Prize Travel Award
World Food Prize Travel Award includes:
- Roundtrip airfare
- Ground transportation to and from the Atlanta airport
- World Food Prize registration fee
- Hotel and meal expenses in Des Moines
The World Food Prize
The World Food Prize, commonly referred to as the ‘Nobel Prize for Food and Agriculture’ honors those who have made a significant impact in improving the world food supply. The 2017 World Food Prize Laureate is Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank, recognized for his diligent work in increasing food production in Africa. Dr. Adesina, known as 'Africa's Norman Borlaug' led transformational reforms that helped millions across Africa gain access to agricultural technologies that raised farm production and farmers income.
2017 World Food Prize Borlaug Dialogue
The 2017 World Food Prize Borlaug Dialogue International Symposium "The Road out of Poverty" will be held in Des Moines, Iowa from October 18-20, 2017.
This annual event is described as the "premier conference in the world on global agriculture" features the expertise and diverse perspectives of governmental leaders, policymakers, farmers, CEOs and executives from agribusiness; leaders of non-governmental organizations; and scientific, academic and development experts from around the world.
To apply for the 2017 Global Programs World Food Prize Travel Award, please email the following to the Office of Global Programs by Tuesday, September 5, 2017.
- Maximum two page resume
- Provide contact information for two references (CAES faculty members preferred)
- Maximum two page letter describing your interest in global food security and how you anticipate that your attendance of the 2017 World Food Prize Borlaug Dialogue will positively impact your personal, academic, and career goals
Please contact the Office of Global Programs with any questions.