Global Programs World Food Prize Travel Award
World Food Prize Travel Award includes:
- Roundtrip airfare
- Ground transportation to and from the Atlanta airport
- World Food Prize registration fee
- Hotel and meal expenses in Des Moines
The World Food Prize
The World Food Prize, commonly referred to as the ‘Nobel Prize for Food and Agriculture’ honors those who have made a significant impact in improving the world food supply. The 2016 World Food Prize Laureates are a three-person team from the International Potato Center (CIP) — Dr. Maria Andrade of Cape Verde, Dr. Robert Mwanga of Uganda, Dr. Jan Low of the United States — for the development of the orange-fleshed sweet potato and Dr. Howarth Bouis, founder of HarvestPlus at the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI). Through the combined efforts of the four Laureates, over 10 million persons are now positively impacted by biofortified crops, with a potential of several hundred million more having their nutrition and health enhanced in the coming decades.
2016 World Food Prize Borlaug Dialogue
The 2016 World Food Prize Borlaug Dialogue will be held in Des Moines, Iowa from October 12-14, 2016.
This annual event is described as the "premier conference in the world on global agriculture" features the expertise and diverse perspectives of governmental leaders, policymakers, farmers, CEOs and executives from agribusiness; leaders of non-governmental organizations; and scientific, academic and development experts from around the world.
To apply for the 2016 Global Programs World Food Prize Travel Award, please email the following to the Office of Global Programs by Tuesday, September 6, 2016.
- Maximum two page resume
- Provide contact information for two references (CAES faculty members preferred)
- Maximum two page letter describing your interest in global food security and how you anticipate that your attendance of the 2016 World Food Prize Borlaug Dialogue will positively impact your personal, academic, and career goals
Please contact the Office of Global Programs with any questions.