The event includes the:
- 10th Biennial Southeastern Blueberry Conference Jan. 4-5.
- Georgia-South Carolina Strawberry Conference Jan. 5.
- Georgia-South Carolina Muscadine Conference Jan. 5.
- Roadside Market Conference Jan. 5.
- Georgia Vegetable Conference Jan. 5-6.
- Southeast Peach Conference Jan. 6-7.
- Georgia-South Carolina Wine Grape Conference Jan. 6-7.
Nationally known scientists will present their latest research. At the same time, a trade show (Jan. 5-6) will bring the newest equipment, packaging and marketing items.
A $95 fee ($125 if you sign up after Dec. 18) covers all sessions of all conferences; the trade show and refreshment breaks; Friday night reception, banquet and dance; and Saturday luncheon and reception.
For another $48 ($60 after Dec. 18), a Saturday spouses' program will feature two of Savannah's leading chefs showing how to make "gourmet garnishes."
(Dan Rahn is a news editor with the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.)