For anyone starting out in the business, or just starting to think about getting into it, "Starting a Landscape Business" is a gold mine of information.
A business skills workshop for landscape professionals, the workshop will be Oct. 24-25 in Griffin, Ga. It will be in the Stuckey Auditorium on the campus of the Georgia Experiment Station.
Terrific topicsEach day will begin with 8 a.m. coffee and end at 4 p.m. The program will offer such topics as:
- The nuts and bolts of starting your own business.
- Finding your niche.
- Hiring and keeping good workers.
- Buying equipment.
- Cost estimating and job bidding.
- Finding good customers and keeping them.
- Avoiding landscape problems.
- Helpful resources.
(Dan Rahn is a news editor with the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.)