University of GeorgiaThe annual Vidalia Onion Field Day will March 27 at the University of Georgia's Vidalia Onion and Vegetable Research and Education Farm near Reidsville, Ga.
The event will begin with a sponsored lunch at noon. Visits to research plots will follow from 1 to 3 p.m. Farmers will be able to see firsthand the results of UGA research on:
- Weed management in onions.
- Variety trials.
- CO2 and translucent scale.
- Insect management.
- Onion scouting.
- Soil-borne onion diseases and fungicide trials.
- Onion fertility and direct-seeded onions.
- Technology for onion inspection.
- Onion curing.
(Dan Rahn is a news editor with the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.)