Research conducted in the Department of Poultry Science has three primary functions:
- Add to the base of scientific knowledge
- Provide opportunities for appropriate graduate degree training programs
- Provide information that will be useful to the poultry industry in Georgia.
These research programs include the following areas:
- Poultry Health
- Genetics and Molecular Biology
- Processing Technology
In addition to the research efforts outlined above, the department has identified two major focus areas for collaborative efforts among faculty. These areas have been identified as important areas that are relevant to current industry concerns and needs.
- Processing/slaughter technology impact on yield and further processing
- Nutrition/genetic/management relationships with regard to new genetic stocks