Experiment Stations and Research & Education Centers
Coastal Plain Station
TIFTON - An integral component of research, extension and teaching efforts at the UGA Tifton Campus, the Coastal Plain Station now includes 7,000 acres in south Georgia with research farms and centers at Attapulgus, Camilla, Midville and Plains. Researchers also collaborate closely with USDA-ARS scientists based at the station.
ATHENS - The College Station is the headquarters of the UGA agricultural experiment stations. Scientists use a wide range of facilities on the main Athens campus to support their teaching and research programs, including the Plant Genome Mapping Laboratory; the Soil, Plant and Water Lab; the Feed and Environmental Water Lab; and the Pesticide and Hazardous Waste Lab.
GRIFFIN - The Georgia Station at the UGA Griffin Campus is one of the premier agricultural research centers in the region and lies in the heart of one of the nation's fastest growing areas, just 30 miles south of Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. Program areas include food safety, urban agriculture, turfgrass breeding and management, genetics, and crop and pest management.
Research & Education Centers
The Attapulgus Research and Education Center is located in the deep southwest corner of Georgia near the town of Attapulgus.
The C.M. Stripling Irrigation Research Park (SIRP) is a state-of-the-art irrigation center located between Camilla and Newton.
Established in 1930, the Georgia Mountain Research and Education Center is located 3 miles south of Blairsville.
J. Phil Campbell Sr.
The J. Phil Campbell Sr. Research and Education Center is located in Watkinsville, just outside of Athens-Clarke County.
Located in the hills and plains of northwestern Georgia, the Northwest Research and Education Center in Calhoun covers 1,586 acres.
The Southeast Georgia Research and Education Center lies in the upper Coastal Plain near Midville, Georgia.
The Southwest Georgia Research and Education Center lies in the upper Coastal Plain near Plains, Georgia.