The College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CAES) at the University of Georgia (UGA) is committed to ensuring accessibility of its websites for people with disabilities. All of the pages on CAES websites should conform to Section 508 standards and WCAG 2.0 Guidelines.
For help accessing content:
If you have questions or comments about our policy or need content in an alternate format, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For help publishing accessible content:
The following guidelines and services are provided for content managers and editors publishing to CAES or UGA Extension websites.
- Accessibility Guidance, Office of Information Technology (OIT), CAES, UGA
- Help for video captioning and publishing, Office of Communications and Creative Services, CAES, UGA
- CAES Web Style Guide: Including audio and video files, OIT, CAES, UGA
- CAES Web Style Guide: Working with images, OIT, CAES, UGA
- Importance of accessibility, OIT, CAES, UGA
- Accessibility Policy, University System of Georgia (USG)
- Accessibility Tutorial, USG
- Web Accessibility Group (WAG), UGA and USG
- WAVE, free online service to help determine the accessibility of your Web content, includes recommendations for repair
- Web Accessibility Toolbar (for Internet Explorer, Opera) by The Web Accessibility Tools Consortium, download available from the Paciello Group
- Firefox Accessibility Extension, The Firefox Accessibility Extension makes it easier for people with disabilities to view and navigate web content. Developers can use the extension to check their use of structural and styling markup that support functional web accessibility.
- Firefox Web Developer Toolbar
- Functional Accessibility Evaluator (FAE)
This policy will undergo periodic review and updates,
Last updated: August 11, 2014