FABricate Entrepreneurial Initiative
Food and AgriBusiness Entrepreneurial Initiative @ UGA
Think of it as the CAES Shark Tank. Do you have a great idea? Then participate in FABricate! FABricate is a competition where you can expand your leadership and business skills through the development of a new food product, new agricultural technology, or a new food or agricultural-related business. Take advantage of seminars and faculty mentorship through the college's FABricate entrepreneurial initiative.
Enroll in the FABricate course
- Enroll in AESC 4950 during the spring semester.
- This one-hour course is designed to assist you with the development of your idea and will give you the resources you need to create a business plan and marketing strategy.
Mark Your Calendars
March 27: Final Competition
210 Conner Hall from 6-8 p.m.
What teams will win the grand prize and be crowned the Fabricate winner? All faculty, staff, and students are welcome to come out to enjoy the competition, indulge in heavy hors d’oeuvres, and vote for their favorite team.
What are the categories?
- New Food Product: any new, original food product. Products should have a high potential for being marketed and sold on a commercial basis. The actual food item must be developed and presented at the final competition.The winning team will have the option to compete in the Flavor of Georgia contest.
- Agricultural Technology: any type of new product or service that would be used in a business related to agriculture. For this category, the actual item does not have to be developed but teams are encouraged to develop a prototype or proof of concept, if possible, depending on the nature of the project. Proposed products or services should have potential for being manufactured and sold on a commercial basis.
- Agricultural or Food-related Business: ideas for new businesses that involve food or agriculture. Proposal should include ideas for businesses that do not currently exist, that are creative and enterprising. Business in this category will likely be experience or service related.
- Environmental or Sustainable Business: ideas for new businesses that involve the environment or an enterprise that capitalizes on having minimal negative impacts on the global or local environment. Businesses in this category offer progressive environmental and/or human rights ideas in the form of a service or product.