Global Programs World Food Prize Travel Award
World Food Prize Travel Award includes:
- Roundtrip airfare
- Ground transportation to and from the Atlanta airport
- World Food Prize registration fee
- Hotel and meal expenses in Des Moines
The World Food Prize
The World Food Prize, commonly referred to as the ‘Nobel Prize for Food and Agriculture’ honors those who have made a significant impact in improving the world food supply. Drs. Lawrence Haddad and David Nabarro were announced as the 2018 World Food Prize Laureates. The Prize rewards their individual but complementary global leadership in elevating maternal and child undernutrition within the food security and development dialogue at national and international levels with the result of reducing the world’s number of stunted children by 10 million between 2012 and 2017.
2018 World Food Prize Borlaug Dialogue
The 2018 World Food Prize Borlaug Dialogue International Symposium "Rise to the Challenge" will be held in Des Moines, Iowa from October 17-19, 2018.
This annual event is described as the "premier conference in the world on global agriculture" features the expertise and diverse perspectives of governmental leaders, policymakers, farmers, CEOs and executives from agribusiness; leaders of non-governmental organizations; and scientific, academic and development experts from around the world.
To apply for the 2018 Global Programs World Food Prize Travel Award, please email the following to the Office of Global Programs by Friday, September 20, 2018.
- Maximum two page resume
- Provide contact information for two references (CAES faculty members preferred)
- Maximum two page letter describing your interest in global food security and how you anticipate that your attendance of the 2018 World Food Prize Borlaug Dialogue will positively impact your personal, academic, and career goals
Please contact the Office of Global Programs with any questions.