Academic Programs

Transferring to UGA-Griffin

The undergraduate degree programs offered at the Griffin campus are degree-completion programs intended for transfer students and students seeking a second undergraduate degree. To apply to UGA-Griffin, use the UGA Off-Site Application.

Transfer Agreements

  • Gordon College (ERS major)
  • Georgia Perimeter College

All students are encouraged to consult with an academic counselor from both institutions as early as possible to plan course work to best meet their individual educational goals.

Transfer Admissions
UGA CAES is the perfect place to experience personalized education while reaping the benefits of being connected with a large university. Any Bachelors degree can be completed by a transfer student. Learn more about transferring to UGA-Griffin!


Frequently Asked Questions

Is there a difference between classes offered on the UGA campus in Griffin and the UGA campus in Athens?

The only difference is the location.

What degree will students receive at UGA-Griffin?

Students will earn a University of Georgia degree just like all other students in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.

What are the entrance requirements?

Students must meet the University of Georgia transfer requirements. To be eligible for admission to UGA programs at any location, prospective students must have at least 60 transferable semester hours and a minimum GPA of 2.80.

How do I apply to UGA-Griffin?

Students should apply to the University of Georgia as a transfer student and choose the 'List the degrees here' major in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. To apply to UGA-Griffin, use the UGA Off-Site Application.

How much does it cost to attend UGA-Griffin?

Visit the UGA Bursar's Office for the Tuition and Fees Schedule.

Where will the classes be held?

Courses will be taught in classrooms and laboratories on the UGA Griffin Campus.

Who will teach the classes?

All courses will be taught by University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences faculty members.

What about academic advising?

Students will be assigned to a UGA faculty member who will serve as their academic advisor.


Campus Life

Resources for new and current students are available from Griffin's Office of Student Affairs.

Office of Student Affairs


Student Clubs

Campus organizations open to all students include the Student Advisory Council and Griffin Ambassadors. For more information, contact Chrystal McDowell at 770-412-4096.

UGA Griffin Campus Ambassadors


CAES Office of Academic Affairs

The Griffin Campus Office of Academic Affairs for the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences is located on the ground floor of the Flynt Building, Room 126. You are welcome to stop in any time to talk to us.

Contact: Pamela Henry

Phone: (770) 228-7314

1109 Experiment Street
Griffin, GA 30223