Congressional Agricultural Fellowship
The UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences and several Georgia Congressional offices offer summer fellowship opportunities for students in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. Students serve as agricultural liaisons while in Washington, D.C.
What is the Congressional Agricultural Fellowship?
The UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences and the Congressional Offices of Sanford Bishop, Austin Scott, Doug Collins, David Perdue, Buddy Carter, Rick Allen, and Johnny Isakson are pleased to offer summer fellowship opportunities for students in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.
Fellows will have the opportunity to:
- attend agriculture committee hearings,
- prepare briefs,
- conduct ag research,
- meet with constituents,
- write a paper detailing his/her Washington experience as an Ag intern and
- earn 3 semester credit hours toward an undergraduate degree.
- have completed at least 60 semester hours, with the most recent 15 completed within the University System of Georgia,
- have a good academic standing,
- have good interpersonal and public relations skills,
- have a record of campus involvement,
- have a background or interest in agriculture, food and natural resources policy and
- give oral and written presentations about their experience.
My summer in D.C. as an Ag Fellow was by far the best summer of my life! I had purpose in the work I was doing, spent every single evening and weekend with my best friends, saw firsthand how our government works, met amazing people, and even got plugged in to a great church. I loved the atmosphere of excitement D.C. has and hope to go back one day. In fact, I have now decided to pursue a Masters in Public Administration so that I can continue to help people in the same way I was able to in D.C. as an Ag Fellow.
Makinzi Hoover, 2017 Ag Fellow
Just the facts
Congressional Offices of David Perdue, Sanford Bishop, Austin Scott, Doug Collins, Buddy Carter, Rick Allen, and Johnny Isakson
$3000 stipend from UGA plus compensation from Congressional Offices
Summer, 12 weeks
Read more about the Ag Fellows experience here!