Avian Academy is an annual three-day program hosted during the summer by the Department of Poultry Science for middle and high school STEM and Vo-Ag teachers. It’s purpose is to "educate the educators" about the importance, impact, and massive job demand our state’s number one industry has by providing hands-on labs and curriculum for participants to take straight back to their classrooms. All of these learning modules are created and taught by world-renown UGA Poultry Science faculty!
When is it?
June 24-26, 2019
What are the modules?
- Review of Modern Georgia Poutlry Industry & Careers
- Breed Identification, Selection, & Antiquities
- External/Internal Avian Anatomy
- Alternative Poultry Production Systems (such as backyard flocks, etc.)
- Poultry Health
- Embryology & Incubation
- Curriculum Resource Opportunities
- Processing & Further Processing
- Food Safety
- and all categories of Poultry Judging!
What does it include?
Lodging and meals are provided by the department.
Registration is now open
For more information:
Contact Jessica Fife, Program Coordinator.