Agricultural and Applied Economics
Available at: Athens
Agricultural and Applied Economics applies economic principles to food and fiber production, natural resource management, community and regional economic development, environmental policy, and international trade. This program provides a strong theoretical background for those entering graduate schools in agricultural economics, economics, and professional schools in law and business administration
View the required Agricultural and Applied Economics courses and available electives in the UGA Bulletin. You will determine the right courses to match your interests with assistance from your advisor.
To prepare for courses to earn an Agricultural and Applied Economics degree we recommend you:
- Take available AP macro and/or microeconomics courses prior to attending UGA
- Take a pre-calculus course
- Engage in student economics projects
- Participate in any school or community economics related clubs and organizations
- Volunteer and/or work for organizations or companies with opportunities to observe business management practices (banks, cooperatives, trade organizations, etc.)
- Operations and economic research
- Public program analysis
- Service Learning Community projects
- Student Marketing Team
- Undergraduate research opportunities
- Participate in student clubs and organizations
- Internship opportunities with private companies, government agencies and non-profit organizations.
- Study abroad opportunities
Prospective Student Contact
Current Student Contact
Visit the department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
What jobs can I get with an Agricultural and Applied Economics degree?
- Business Analyst
- Financial Advisor
- Investment Analyst
- Quality Control Technician
- Sales Representative
How do I pay for college?
Each year the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CAES) awards scholarships to students enrolled in our majors.
To find out about deadlines and eligibility requirements, visit the University of Georgia Office of Student Financial Aid.