Agriculture & Natural Resources
Athens Area Master Gardener Association
Monthly meetings are held at 6:00 pm on the third Tuesday of each month. Meeting location varies, please check the web site or AAMGA newsletter for updates.
AAMGA Membership Information
If you are interested in joining Athens Area Master Gardener Association please contact Jean Ryan for an application or more information at (706) 202-3108. You can also contact Amanda Tedrow, Athens-Clarke County Extension Agent, at (706) 613-3640. Yearly dues are $10 for active Master Gardeners and $15 for friends of the association. Dues must be received by January 1st each year to remain in the association.
Like us on Facebook
Ongoing AAMGA Projects
Plant a Row for the Hungry at Clarke Middle School: Volunteers plant, maintain, and harvest fruits and vegetables for donation to local food banks. Contact Merry Anderson at (706) 549-4121 for more information.
Plant a Row for the Hungry at Thomas Orchards, Oconee Co: Volunteers plant, maintain, and harvest vegetables for donation to Northeast Georgia Food Bank. This garden currently grows warm season crops only. Contact Gary Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org
Flower beds and herb garden at the Clarke Middle School Plant a Row Site: Contact Carol Wolf (706) 613-1122 for more information.
Salvation Army HOPE Garden: Volunteers plant, maintain, and harvest fruits and vegetables at this garden located at the Salvation Army on Hawthorne Avenue. Produce is donated directly to the Salvation Army kitchen. Contact Dave Hagaman at (404) 906-1976 or email@example.com for more information.
Athens-Clarke County Extension Office Master Gardener desk: Volunteers assist the County Agent with homeowner plant, insect and disease questions. This is a great learning experience. Contact Amanda Tedrow at (706) 613-3640 for more information.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Winterville Marigold Festival
- Athens Farmers Market Master Gardener Booth
- State Botanical Garden of Georgia
- UGA Horticulture Farm
- Sandy Creek Special Events
- Athens Home and Garden Show Master Gardener Booth
- GreenLife Expo
AAMGA Special Events
- Plant Sale - Each spring AAMGA holds a plant sale. All plants sold at the sale are grown by our local Master Gardeners. The plant sale typically takes place on the last Saturday of April from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm at the Athens-Clarke County Extension office. Proceeds from the plant sale fund Master Gardener projects such as Plant a Row for the Hungry and scholarship opportunities.
- Volunteer hour recording database
- Project Proposal Form (Extension Approval)
- Project Proposal Form
- Reimbursement Form
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
AAMGA 2016 Executive Board
- President: Anne Walker
- Vice President: Mike Sikes
- Secretary: Kay Petroff
- Treasurer: Shirley Baker
- Immediate Past President: Jackie Williams
- Athens-Clarke County Extension Agent: Amanda Tedrow
Other Association Leadership
- Newsletter Publisher and Listserv Coordinator: Elizabeth Thurmond
- Project Chairperson: Barbara Turner