Esendugue Greg Fonsah
Ph.D. Agricultural Economics - University of Nigeria (Nsukka, Nigeria), 1993
MS Agricultural Economics - University of Kentucky, 1987
MBA Business Administration/Management - Morehead State University, 1985
BS Management & Executive Secretarial - Berea College, 1983
- Farm Management
- Agricultural Production and Management
- Agribusiness Management
- Agricultural Marketing Management
- International Agricultural Development
- International Agricultural Trade and Policy
Awards, Honors, and Leadership
- 2014 (May 05): Senior Scientist Award of Excellence in Extension, University of Georgia, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Tifton, Campus, May 5.
- 2014: Outstanding PhD Student Award (Sebastain Awondo), Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics, University of Georgia, Athens, GA. (Major Professor and Co-Dissertation Chair).
- 2014 (April): B 1312 - Commercial Tomato Production Handbook ranked 5th in the Top ANR Publications with 3,632 visits, College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, University of Georgia, Athens.
- 2011 (June) CAES Top Publications by Department, B 1303 – Economic Analysis of Producing Southern Highbush Blueberries in Soil in Georgia with 74 visits; Average time on page = 6:31 minutes.
- 2009 (May 07): Sigma Xi Award for Creative Research from the Scientific Research Society, Tifton GA.
- 2008 (July–Sept): American Society of Horticultural Science (ASHS) Journal HortTechnology Top 10 Articles Read in June “Evaluation of Commercial Banana Cultivars in Southern Georgia for Ornamental and Nursery Production”. HortTech 18:529–535.
- 2008: Blue Ribbon Extension Communication Award (1st Place), The American Society for Horticultural Science, Southern Region for the “Commercial Tomato Production Handbook” publication.
- 2007: Blue Ribbon Extension Communication Award (1st Place) from the American Society for Horticultural Science, Southern Region for the “Commercial Pepper Production Handbook” publication.
- 2006: Outstanding Master’s Thesis Award (Mark M. Byrd) from the Southern Agricultural Economics Association (Thesis committee member).
- 2006: United States President’s Volunteer Service Award for dedicating at least two years or 4,000 hours to serve others at home or abroad. The award was accompanied with a letter from the White House signed by President George W. Bush.
- 2005: State Staff –South Young Professional Regional Award, Georgia Association of County Agricultural Extension Agents.
- 2005: Senior Director Award, Georgia Association of County Agricultural Extension Agents State Staff South.
- 2004: Junior Director Award, Georgia Association of County Agricultural Extension Agents, State Staff –South.
- 2005: Georgia Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association Cash Award for contributions in the “Critical Use Exemption of Methyl Bromide (CUE) application package for GFVGA.