Programs of Study
Master of Agricultural and Environmental Education
MAEE develops professionals to lead, teach and communicate about food, environmental and social systems. Candidates must complete an approved program of 36 semester hours of graduate work. Thesis and non-thesis options are available. The MAEE degree program is available online or face-to-face on the Athens campus.
Learners in the MAEE program will:
- Work in leadership positions within the agricultural and environmental sciences industry
- Educate the public about agricultural and environmental sciences
- Communicate with the public about agricultural and environmental sciences issues
- Use leadership skills to solve challenging problems of society
- Conduct original research that promotes food, environmental, and social sustainability
What Can I Do with a Graduate Degree in Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communication?
- Imagine PhD allows students to assess their interests, skill sets, and values and how they align with career paths. This is an online planning tool to help students strategize on ways to develop skill sets needed to pursue a career of choice.
Domestic Applicant Deadlines
- Fall Semester – July 1
- Spring Semester – November 15
- May and Extended Summer Session – April 1
- Summer Semester – May 1
- MAEE on the UGA Graduate School website
- MAEE Student Information Handbook
- Degree Checksheet
- Double Dawg earn an AGED BSA + Master in Agricultural and Environmental Education E in 5 years
Graduate Certificates in Other Departments of Interest to MAEE Students
- Earn a graduate certificate in Sustainability! New program available in 2018. Requirements for the certificate.