Jason B Peake
- Agricultural Leadership, Education & Communication
- Academic Affairs - Tifton
- Ph.D. - Texas A&M University, 2003 (Agricultural Education, Teacher Preparation and Distance Education)
- MA - University of Central Florida, 2000 (Computer Education Technology/ Instructional Design Systems)
- BS - University of Kentucky, 1996 (Agricultural Education)
Dr. Peake was raised on a family farm in Knob Creek, Kentucky. He started working for the University of Georgia in February 2004. Before coming to Georgia, Dr. Peake worked as an instructor and researcher at Texas A&M University while completing his PhD. Prior to that, he was a high school agriscience teacher in Central Florida for four years teaching middle and high school classes. His scholarly achievements include 21 refereed journal publications, 58 refereed invited or refereed presentations. He is a member of the National Association of Agricultural Education and an officer with the American Association for Agricultural Education.
Jason Peake is an Associate Professor within the department of Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communication and program leader for Agricultural Education. Dr. Peake serves as editor for the Southern Region Journal of Agricultural Education, is a member of the Editing Managing Board for the Journal of Agricultural Education, and serves as the Vice President for the Southern Region of the American Association for Agricultural Education (AAAE). Dr. Peake is developing a model for community empowerment through food systems.
- Outstanding Agricultural Educator. Awarded by the American Association for Agricultural Education Southern Region 2014
- Inductee (2012) National LEAD21 Forum and creation of CAES Teaching and Learning Symposium
- University of Georgia, Tifton Campus Outstanding Teaching (2012) University of Georgia Tifton Campus award presented to recognize outstanding teaching, 2012 Annual Banquet, Tifton, GA.
- Honorary Georgia FFA Degree (2012) Georgia Department of Education Agricultural Education Executive FFA presented at the 2012 Georgia State FFA Convention in Macon, GA.
- Blue & Gold Award (2011) Georgia Department of Education Agricultural Education State Staff, presented at the 2011 Southern Region Banquet in Tifton, GA.
- Tifton Campus Faculty MVP (2011) Tifton Campus Student Organizations Big Dog Brawl awards presented to recognize faculty participation, 2011 Annual Banquet, Tifton, GA.
Research and Grants
Dr. Peake has published in the areas of distance education, teaching methodologies, curriculum development, and technology integration. Extramural grants (over $250,000) support advancement in agricultural education. Dr. Peake’s research agenda has recently shifted toward empowering communities toward food, environmental, and social sustainability through leadership, education, and communication. Specifically this includes work with the Future Farmstead located on the Tifton Campus and developing a model for community empowerment through food systems.
Methods of Instruction in Agricultural Education, Curriculum Development in Agricultural Education, Research Methodologies, Student Teaching, Greenhouse Management, and Communications in Agricultural and Environmental Science.