- Organic Small Fruit Production (FVSU) A variety of small fruits are well adapted to Georgia, including strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, figs, and muscadine grapes.
- Suggestions for Organic Blueberry Production in Georgia (UGA) Information on converting to organic production, markets for organic products, and growing organic blueberries.
- Blueberry Cultivars for Georgia
- Blueberry Variety Releases from The University of Georgia
- 2017 Southeast Regional Organic Blueberry Pest Management Guide
A guide for managing diseases, insects, weeds and wildlife in blueberries in the southeast
- Blueberry Fertilization in Soil
- Blueberry Propogation Suggestions
- Economics of Organic Blueberry Production in Georgia
- High Tunnel Brambles (UK) - Fact sheet on using high tunnels for organic blackberry and raspberry production.
- Paw Paw (UK) - Fact sheet on producing, marketing and selling paw paw.
Videos from The Organic Grain and Oilseed Workshop 6.27.13 (UGA)
Please click here for an agenda from the event.
- Welcome and Overview of Organic Grain and Oilseed Workshop
- Organic Corn Production Pt. 1
- Organic Corn Production Pt. 2
- Organic Soybean Production
- Organic Wheat Production
- Organic Oilseed Production
- Marketing Organic Grains and Oilseeds
- Putting it all together - Farmer/Ag Professional Panel
- North Carolina Organic Grain Program (NCSU) Information on the program as well as producing and marketing organic grains.
- Organic Grain Production Guide Published by NC State University in 2013, this in-depth guide covers corn, organic wheat/small grains, and organic soybeans. The guide also includes soil and weed management, cover crop mulches for grains, organic certification, and marketing organic grains.
- The Medicinal Herbs for Commerce Project (NC) Explore the economic feasibility of medicinal herb production.
- Organic Vidalia Onion Production (UGA) Publication on general information related to organic Vidalia onion production.
- Experiments on Organic Production of Vidalia Onions (UGA) Response of Vidalia onions to various fertilization treatments.
- Organic Vidalia Onion Program in Georgia (UGA) Website on Vidalia onion research at UGA.
- Organic Peanut Program in Georgia (UGA) Information on organic peanut research at UGA.
- The State of Organic Peanut Production (UGA) Opportunities for peanut farmers in the organic market.
- Organic Peanuts in the Southeast a Possibility (UGA) Article from the Growing Georgia website (www.growinggeorgia.com) highlighting the results from years of research on organic peanut production.
- 2010 Georgia Fruit and Vegetable Directory (GA Dept of Ag)
- Commercial Organic Vegetable Production (UGA) Guide to growing commercial vegetables organically.
- Vegetable Gardening in Georgia (UGA) Crop profiles, planting and harvesting tips for Georgia’s most popular vegetable crops. Produced by the UGA Department of Horticulture.
- Organic Vegetable Program in Georgia (UGA) Information on organic vegetable research at UGA.
- Growing Vegetables Organically (UGA) Publication on various aspects of organic vegetable production.
- 2011 Vegetable Crop Handbook A publication by the Southeastern Vegetable Extension Workers, this document is a collection of information from Land-Grant Universities across the Southeast addressing management practices for many southeastern vegetable crops.
- Vegetable Seasons in Georgia Chart of availability of most popular vegetables grown in Georgia
- Planting Guide Calendar for planting vegetables in Georgia, produced by Georgia Organics, Inc.
- Harvest Guide Harvest calendar for common vegetables in Georgia, produced by Georgia Organics, Inc.
- Sustainable Practices for Vegetable Production (NCSU) Crop profiles, techniques, and management links related to sustainable vegetable production.
- Planting and Harvesting Guide (NCSU) Guide for planting vegetables and herbs in the Piedmont area.
- Growing Tomatoes - A basic guide for home gardeners on growing tomatoes in Georgia.
- Tomato Grafting for Disease Resistance and Increased Productivity - SARE fact sheet that helps farmers and agricultural educators learn how to graft tomatoes to fight disease and improve the health and vigor of tomato crops.
- Heirloom Summer Squash at the Kerr Center - Variety trial from an area of Oklahoma with similar climate to Georgia.
- Alternatives to Synthetic Herbicides - Sustainable agriculture methods for weed management in container nurseries