What's more personal than the food you eat? The issue of food safety is as close as your next meal. Yet it covers such widespread challenges as food recalls and imports, the state's booming food processing industry, organic growers and school lunch programs.
The UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences stands guard to protect Georgia citizens with food safety research, education and information. Here's a sample of how CAES looks at this issue and works to keep food safe.
Making an Impact
The viewing briefs below are from impact statements on the CAES Intranet. For more reports, visit the searchable impact statement database.
- A better sense of taste
- Aquaculture Industry
- Control Salmonella
- Disorders in fruits and vegetables
- Inactivating E. coli
- Inhibiting Salmonella and Listeria growth
- Preventive Control Food Safety Training
- Quality of Chicken Parts
- Radiofrequency heating for beef steaks
- Safety of Locally Grown Produce
- VoluntaryNet: Molecular Subtyping
- Sustainable Food Systems Initiative
- Food Safety for Vegetable Growers