Georgia Agricultural Hall of Fame
The Georgia Agricultural Hall of Fame was established in 1972 to recognize individuals making unusual and extraordinary contributions to agriculture and agribusiness industries in Georgia.
- Watch the video: UGA CAES Georgia Agricultural Hall of Fame Introduction
Each person inducted into the Hall of Fame is first nominated and then selected by a committee designated by the president of the University of Georgia Agricultural Alumni Association. Those nominated must meet the following criteria:
- Impeccable character.
- Outstanding leadership affecting Georgia agriculture.
- Noteworthy contributions.
- Received appropriate recognition for achievements.
- Accomplishments in more than one area.
The induction ceremony for the Hall of Fame is held annually in conjunction with the CAES Alumni Awards Banquet.
In addition to being available on this website, portraits of the Georgia Agricultural Hall of Fame members are displayed in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Activity Center exhibit area.