Purpose of the Georgia Agricultural Hall of Fame
- To recognize individuals making unusual and extraordinary contributions to agriculture and agribusiness industries in Georgia
- To be located in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Activity Center
- To be available online at www.caes.uga.edu/alumni in the section marked "Georgia Agricultural Hall of Fame"
Selection of Honorees
Persons to be honored will be selected by a committee designated by the president of the CAES Alumni Association, the University of Georgia. The recipients may be retired or active, may be male or female and may be living or deceased.
No current member of the CAES Alumni Association's executive committee (president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, and immediate past president) is eligible for nomination to the Hall of Fame.
Type of Recognition
Honorees selected shall be recognized in appropriate ceremonies on the occasion of the annual awards banquet of the CAES Alumni Association, the University of Georgia. The committee shall prepare an appropriate resume of the honorees' contributions for display and safekeeping.
Guidelines for Selection
This program is designed to give appropriate recognition to those who have made highly significant achievements in agriculture, agribusiness industries and service institutions. Honorees selected and recommended by the committee shall possess the following criteria:
- Have impeccable character
- Have provided truly outstanding leadership affecting Georgia agriculture
- Have made noteworthy contributions
- Have received recognition in appropriate ways for achievements
Nominations may be submitted by anyone interested in the Hall of Fame. Nominations will not be carried over from year to year.
Be prepared to discuss the following:
- Nominee's major contributions to Georgia agriculture, including his/her statewide impact.
- Nominee's agricultural leadership roles, honors and awards.
- Nominee's other major civic, religious, public service contributions and achievements.
The selection committee will accept no more than three letters of recommendation. Please keep letters to one page in length. Supporting documents and letters of recommendation should be uploaded as one file on the nomination form.
Nominations for 2025 will be open soon.