- USDA Women in Ag - Georgia Stats
- Southern Regional Women’s Agricultural Leadership Summit Comprehensive Report - May 2016
- 2016 Summit Participant Directory
- 2016 Summit Information Sheet
- 2016 Southern Region Women's Agricultural Leadership Summit
(CAES - Flickr)
- Women's Agricultural Leadership Summit
(Georgia Farm Bureau - Facebook)
Did you know?
- 44 percent of agribusiness and agricultural employees are female.
- 46.1 percent of the nation's 1.3 million agricultural and food scientists are women.
- Women comprise 35 percent of the faculty positions in the biological, agricultural, environmental life sciences and related fields at four-year universities across the United States.
- 30 percent of America's farmers are women.
- Female-run farms are responsible for $4.9 billion in sales in the 13-state Southern region.
- Female farm managers and owners nationwide produce about $12.9 billion in agricultural products annually.
What do we need to continue doing to support increased opportunities for women in agricultural leadership?
What do we need to stop doing that might be causing barriers for women in agricultural leadership?
What do we need to start doing to support increased opportunities for women in agricultural leadership?