CAES Ambassadors - Athens
Applications for 2022-2023 CAES Ambassadors will open Monday, Nov. 22 and are due by 11:59 PM Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022.
Applicants are required to attend at least one of the following mandatory informational sessions in 103 Conner Hall:
Wednesday, January 19th - 10:00 a.m.
Thursday, January 27th - 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, February 1st - 3:30 p.m.
Friday, February 11th - 12:00 p.m.
Monday, February 14th - 10:00 a.m.
Tuesday, February 24th - 5:30 p.m.
*On Tuesday, February 15th at 6:30 p.m., current Ambassadors will host a Facebook Live Q & A session on the UGA CAES Student Facebook page. This does not count as a mandatory information session.
Ambassador Duties and Expectations
While student recruitment is the ambassadors' main goal, CAES Ambassadors also assist at College and University-sponsored events and are available to speak on topics related to agriculture, the environment or student opportunities. CAES Ambassadors have the opportunity to travel, give back to CAES, meet and network with college leaders, develop friendships, expand communication and leadership skills, meet potential students and network with alumni.
Events, both on and off-campus, may include:
- College recognition ceremonies and lectures
- Sunbelt Agricultural Exposition
- Alumni events
- Georgia National Fair
- Georgia Agribusiness Council Harvest Celebration
- 4-H / FFA Pacesetters Luncheon
- Campus visits with potential students
All CAES Ambassadors are expected to do the following:
- Ambassadors are required to attend weekly meetings every Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. Meetings are not held during the summer semester.
- Ambassadors are required to have an e-mail account and to access the account daily for any news or events. It is expected that the ambassadors maintain close communication with the CAES Academic Affairs staff, both in person and by e-mail.
- Ambassadors are required to earn a percentage of points available each semester by signing up for various activities such as campus tours, service events and school visits.
- Ambassadors are expected to be knowledgeable about our campus and college.
- Ambassadors are required to attend an off-campus weekend retreat from Friday, August 12, 2022 - Sunday, August 14, 2022.
- Ambassadors must serve for a minimum of two semesters, but can continue in the program with the approval of the advisor.
- Have a major in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.
- Have completed at least two semesters of undergraduate enrollment before the upcoming Fall Semester.
- Have at least a 2.8 overall GPA.
- Plan to be enrolled in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences for the following Fall and Spring Semesters.
- Ambassadors must be enthusiastic, personable, and possess good communication skills.
CAES Ambassador Application
Because positions are limited, CAES looks for individuals who will devote time and effort to the program. In addition, we are also looking for individuals who bring diversity to the group (career plans, hometowns, majors, race, gender, talents, year in school, etc.)
Interested students are required to:
- Attend a mandatory information session
- Submit an application
The selection process includes:
- Group interviews with current ambassadors.
- Individual interviews with faculty, staff and/or alumni.
Applicants selected for this round will be notified via email.
Applicants should come prepared to present a three-minute presentation on a topic provided prior to your interview.