CAES Ambassadors - Athens
Applications for 2023-2024 CAES Ambassadors will open Monday, Nov. 21 and are due by 11:59 PM Sunday, Feb. 19, 2023.
Applicants are required to attend at least one of the following mandatory informational sessions in 103 Conner Hall:
Dates for 2023-2024 info sessions will be posted in September 2022.
Ambassador Duties and Expectations
While student recruitment is the ambassadors' main goal, CAES Ambassadors also assist at College and University-sponsored events and are available to speak on topics related to agriculture, the environment or student opportunities. CAES Ambassadors have the opportunity to travel, give back to CAES, meet and network with college leaders, develop friendships, expand communication and leadership skills, meet potential students and network with alumni.
Participation is mandatory for ambassadors in the following events:
- Annual off-campus weekend retreat from 12:00 p.m. on Friday, August 11, 2023 - Sunday, August 13, 2023. Ambassadors are required ot carpool together to and from the retreat location.
- Weekly Meetings every Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. Meetings are not held during the summer semester.
- Ag Dawg Kickoff (Fall)
- CAES Orientation 2.0 (Fall/Spring)
- CAES FYOS Event (Fall)
All CAES Ambassadors are expected to do the following:
- Ambassadors are required to have an e-mail account and to access the account daily for any news or events. It is expected that the ambassadors maintain close communication with the CAES Academic Affairs staff, both in person and by e-mail.
- Ambassadors are required to earn a percentage of points available each semester by signing up for various activities such as campus tours, service events and school visits.
- Ambassadors are expected to be knowledgeable about our campus and college.
- Ambassadors must serve for a minimum of two semesters, but can continue in the program with the approval of the advisor.
- Have a major in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.
- Have completed at least two semesters of undergraduate enrollment before the upcoming Fall semester.
- Have at least a 2.8 overall GPA.
- Plan to be enrolled in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences for the following Fall and Spring semesters.
- Ambassadors must be enthusiastic, personable, and possess good communication skills.
CAES Ambassador Application
Because positions are limited, CAES looks for individuals who will devote time and effort to the program. In addition, we are also looking for individuals who bring diversity to the group (career plans, hometowns, majors, race, gender, talents, year in school, etc.)
Interested students are required to:
- Attend a mandatory information session
- Submit an application
The selection process includes:
- Group interviews with current ambassadors.
- Individual interviews with faculty, staff and/or alumni.