UGA Extension Internship
What is the Extension Internship?
For more information, view the Extension Internship brochure (pdf).
Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Draw understandings and apply skills between classroom knowledge and real-world scenarios while developing a solution-oriented mindset
- Experience daily life of a county agent accompanied by the ever-changing questions that arise from local stakeholders
- Learn to identify community needs through structured assessments
- Develop essential programming based off of community needs and backed by research
- Contribute to youth leadership development through Georgia 4-H, one of the largest youth non-profit leadership organizations nationwide
- Conduct a personalized research project related to the immediate community
- Earn college credits at the discretion and guidance of the student's respective academic department
Applicants must be:
- Enrolled (or the semester immediately following graduation) as an undergraduate or graduate student in a degree program that would qualify the participant for employment as an Extension agent
- Interested in pursuing a career in Extension
Just the facts
Paid internships available at an hourly rate dependent on term
Fall, spring and summer terms
Summer internship applications due February 1, 2024. Fall and spring internship applications available upon request.