Congressional Agricultural Fellowship
The UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences and several Georgia Congressional offices offer summer fellowship opportunities for students in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. Students serve as agricultural liaisons while in Washington, D.C.
What is the Congressional Agricultural Fellowship?
The UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences and the Congressional Offices of Sanford Bishop, Austin Scott, Doug Collins, David Perdue, Buddy Carter, Rick Allen, and Kelly Loeffler are pleased to offer summer fellowship opportunities for students in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.
Fellows will have the opportunity to:
- attend agriculture committee hearings
- prepare briefs
- conduct ag research
- meet with constituents
- write a paper detailing his/her Washington experience as an Ag intern
- earn 3 semester credit hours toward an undergraduate degree.
- have completed at least 60 semester hours, with the most recent 15 completed within the University System of Georgia
- have a good academic standing
- have good interpersonal and public relations skills
- have a record of campus involvement
- have a background or interest in agriculture, food and natural resources policy
- give oral and written presentations about their experience.
I consider my time as an Agricultural Fellow to be among the most rewarding experiences in my academic career thus far! Having the opportunity to live and work in Washington D.C. offered me many new experiences that further prepared me for my career and allowed me to create lifelong friendships. The fast-paced work environment of a congressional office paired with the excitement of a lively city like D.C. made for an incredible summer that I will not soon forget!
- Jake Matthews, 2019 Ag Fellow
Just the facts
Congressional Offices of David Perdue, Sanford Bishop, Austin Scott, Doug Collins, Buddy Carter, Rick Allen, and Kelly Loeffler
$3000 housing stipend plus compensation from Congressional Offices
Summer, 12 weeks