Application submission deadline: January 31
Returning students must submit an alternate application. You will receive this by email. Please contact the program organizers if you don't receive the email to reapply.
- Complete the online application that includes short essay questions *Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Select program campus location (Athens, Griffin, or Tifton).
- Submit two letters of recommendation from science or math teachers. *Ask your teachers for a recommendation letter well before the application deadline.
- Submit an official school transcript.
Applying to the Young Scholars Program – creating an account
- The “Apply to YSP Now” link will take you to the “CAES Scholarship” website.
- Click “High School Log-in” and select “Request an account”.
- Enter your email address, click “submit request”.
- Check the email address you entered. You will receive an email with the subject “CAES Scholarship Account Request” (please give the system 5 – 10 minutes to send you the email).
- Once you receive the email message, follow the instructions in the message and enter a desired username on the form and click “submit”.
- After you click submit, the system will take you back to the login form and ask you to log-in.
- Log-in using the username and password you submitted earlier.
- Under the “Student Home” click “View the full list of scholarship offered”.
- Click “Young Scholars Internship Program”.
- Click “Continue/Start Scholarship Application” and follow prompts.
Review and Submit the application
- Complete all requested information on the application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Click submit at the end of the application. *Requests for recommendation letters will be sent to your teachers upon submission of a completed application.
- Follow-up with your recommenders before the application deadline to confirm that they received a request for a letter of recommendation. Ask them to complete and submit the letter of recommendation before the application deadline.
Just the Facts
UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Science
Six-week paid summer internship program for high school students interested in agricultural, food, and environmental sciences.
UGA Athens, Griffin, or Tifton campus
June 7 – July 16
Apply online. Applications due January 31
What Should I Study?
To learn more about CAES majors and how to apply to UGA, visit Undergraduate Program.
Athens, GA 30602