Learning & Organizational Development
The Office of Learning and Organizational Development strengthens and enhances the academic and scholarly work of UGA Extension and the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences by focusing on overall program development, staff development and leadership development and provides training and support in all of these areas. In addition, this unit houses the expertise to manage and use data collected for reporting and impact demonstration.
Log-in required for CAES Faculty & Staff Intranet:
1225 Lumpkin Street
Athens, GA 30602
Faculty and Postdoctoral Associates:
Dr. Farner assesses training needs of Extension Agents and Specialists and leads the development and implementation of a comprehensive on-boarding and professional development program to build content knowledge and process skills. She is also an adjunct faculty member in ALEC.
- On-boarding processes and materials
- Professional development trainings
- Scholarship support
- Extension Training System (ETS)
- Employee Graduate Education Support
- Organizational Change
- Employee Mentoring
- Facilitating Adult Learning
Dr. Griffeth coordinates internal and external leadership programs for Cooperative Extension.
- Extension Academy & ExTEND
- Advancing Georgia's Leaders in Agriculture and Forestry (AGL)
- Offer training and tools for Extension faculty
Dr. Hurt develops, implements, and support a formal program development process to include needs assessment, logic model development, individual faculty, county and departmental plans of work, and organizational strategic program planning.
- GA Counts
- Activity Reports
- Logic Model Development
- Plans of Work
- Program Planning
- Extension Leadership System (ELS) for county programs
- Impact Statements
- Needs Assessment
Dr. Sapp develops, coordinates, and facilitates two national leadership development programs for faculty. She supports system-wide employee engagement efforts and supports extension professionals through additional leadership and professional development opportunities.
- LEAD21 Program Director
- IAspire Leadership Academy
- Extension Employee Engagement Lead
- Extension Issue Teams
- Co-facilitator of Extension Academy
- Extension Leadership and Professional Development
Maria coordinates employee recruitment and the Extension Internship program and helps facilitate Extension issue teams and priority projects. She also coordinates all communications-related training.
- Employee recruitment
- Extension Internship Program
- Communications training
- Issue team