Rising Scholars Internship
What is the Rising Scholars Internship?
The Rising Scholars Internship is an opportunity for students from Fort Valley State University to conduct research with CAES scientists and reside on the UGA Campus in Athens. This nine-week program is intended for students who have an interest in research and are planning to attend graduate school in agriculture and related sciences. Interns will receive a monthly stipend and housing and meal allowance. This is an excellent opportunity for students to receive hands-on research experience to better prepare themselves for graduate studies. Fort Valley State University will issue the course credits (3hrs: PSCI-4862 Research Method and PSCI-4811 Seminar). The students have to enroll for both courses at FVSU, after completion of internship (2hrs) and presentation at a scientific meeting (1hr).
What do the Rising Scholar Interns do?
Interns are expected to:
- Conduct supervised research on agricultural and environmental sciences.
- Prepare a research paper summarizing the research project.
- Make a presentation of the research findings in a professional setting.
The Rising Scholars Internship is open to juniors and seniors attending Fort Valley State University.
Interested applicants must have:
- A background or interest in agriculture and environmental sciences.
- An interest and ability to conduct and communicate scientific research.
- You must be available for the full nine weeks
- A strong interest in attending graduate school.
- A minimum FVSU Grade Point Average of 3.0 to be considered.
Applications and supporting materials are due April 1.
- Download the application here
- Submit completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arrange to have a letter of recommendation submitted to email@example.com
- Submit your most recent transcript (unofficial copy okay) to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name in the subject line.
Students accepted to the program will be notified by April 15.
Just the facts
UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
The University of Georgia
$1500 stipend at the end of each month plus a housing allowance and meal plan allowance.
May 27 - July 30
Office of Diversity Affairs
201 Conner Hall
147 Cedar Street
Athens, GA 30602