Spain: Universidad Pública de Navarra
About the Program
Exchange students at the Universidad Publica de Navarra (UPNA) will study at the university's main campus, Campus Arrosadia in Pamplona, and choose from a wide variety of English-taught courses. Located in the foothills of the Pyrenees, Pamplona is a vibrant fortress city in northern Spain with rich traditions, beauty and history. UPNA has been named an International Campus of Excellence and has exchange programs with 300 universities in 50 different countries.
Students have the option to live on campus in a residence hall or in a shared apartment in the city of Pamplona. Outside of the classroom, students can immerse themselves in the beauty and culture of the city while participating in a wide range of events and cultural activities. Sporting and outdoor events such as swimming, indoor rock climbing, tennis, football, rugby and golf are also available to exchange students.
While at UPNA, students may study:
- Health science
- Human and social sciences
Did you know?
- The Navarra region is a leader among Spanish regions in terms of its standard of living and boasts areas of outstanding natural beauty and diverse landscapes.
- Pamplona, the capital of Navarra, is a safe, welcoming city with a population of 200,000. Its parks, gardens and excellent public services make it one of Europe’s greenest cities.
- Pamplona is only one hour from the sea and the French border.
How to Apply:
- Schedule an appointment with Caroline Hinton for exchange semester advising
- Schedule an appointment with your academic adviser to discuss how courses at UPNA will fit into your degree program
- Apply on the Study Away Portal by Sept. 15 for the spring semester or Feb. 1 for the fall semester or full academic year
- If accepted, UGA will nominate you for a semester at UPNA and you will begin the application process with UPNA
CAES Experiential Learning Scholarship
The CAES Experiential Learning scholarship is available to CAES undergraduate students pursuing experiential learning activities. Eligible experiential learning activities include study abroad programs, internships, fellowships, service-learning projects, professional development, leadership-building programs and entrepreneurship. Students participating in both credit and non-credit experiential learning activities may apply. This scholarship is supported in part by the Deans' Promise Fund. Applications are open to all who intend to participate in Experiential Learning in Fall 2023, Spring 2024 or Summer 2024. CAES students may apply BEFORE a program runs and BEFORE they are accepted. However, scholarship money will not be awarded until the student is officially accepted and committed to the program, and in the respective semester. The first wave of applications will be due October 1, 2023. **Please note: this application is not intended for students applying to the following programs: Congressional Ag Fellows, Georgia Legislative Internship, Georgia Agribusiness Council Internship or the Winegrowers of Georgia Internship. Separate online applications are available for those programs.
Location: Pamplona, Spain
Exchange Semesters: Spring, Fall
Official Languages: Spanish (all classes taught in English)
Available for: Any CAES or UGA student